chapter: sixty seven

"What did you want to talk about?" I ask as soon as I walked in then she shut the door behind me. I saw her look at me then walk towards the living room, which I followed behind her.

We walked in then I saw her turn around to face me before taking a step towards me and gently grabbing my face.

Having her this close, every time, always makes my breathing irregular and my heart would race. I wasn't sure if she could hear it or not but I could hear it in my ears.

She moved my head around, looking at it then she stared at me. "Are you ok?" I nod. "What exactly did she do?" She kept holding my face, gently as she was looking at me.

I shrugged as I stared at her. "Hit me with my own skateboard. Almost ran me over with her car. Threw me to the ground and punched me in the stomach." I watch her for a moment.

She pulls away then shakes her head before walking away. I saw her turn around and walk back before crossing her arms and looking down at the floor. "I can't believe that bitch."

"It's over now." I say as she kept walking back and forth. "She's in jail.. which she got out the first time, so I wouldn't be surprised if she got out again."

River stops as she was facing me then stares at me. "I got her out the first time. But she's staying in there this time. I don't care anymore."

Watching her, that made my heart hurt a little. If I remember right, we were kind of seeing each other at the time when I found out Belle got out of jail.

Right after we had sex for the first time. That's when Sara was here and she told me the news about Belle being out of jail.

That makes me wonder if River got her out a few days before, even after we were seeing each other and everything.

Which hurt a little but I shook my thoughts away as I kept watching her.

"And to think she can just do this shit?" She says as she kept walking. "Unbelievable. I can't believe I wasted five years on her."

"Five years?" I ask, making her look at me before stopping. "Like.. hooking up for five years?"

She nods. "Yeah. I never had a relationship with her. She was mainly here for sexual frustrations." She shook her head before walking back again.

Everything she was telling me was definitely a little harder to take in. It made me a little uneasy about the whole thing but I tried not letting it affect me.

The way my heart breaks a little more after learning more things about her and Belle.

That's when River walked to me and grabbed my face before staring at me. "Jesse.. she's in the past now, ok?" She leans in and gently kisses me. "I'm sorry."

I reached up and grabbed her wrist as I looked at her. "It's ok." She leans towards me before pressing her lips against my forehead. "Is that all you wanted to talk to me about?"

She looks at me for a moment before we heard the front door shut. I looked over and saw Sophie walking in with a few bags then Sara walked in behind her. "Groceries."

Looking at River, she smiles then looks at me. I watch as she walks towards Sophie before they both walked out of the living room then Sara came walking in after she put the bags away.

"Hey." She smiles.

I smiled back. "Hey."

She looks at me for a moment. "I heard what happened with Belle." She shook her head. "That's the craziest bitch I've ever seen. What exactly did she do and for what reason?"