chapter: one

"Don't stop! Please, don't stop!"

I screamed as I held on tightly. My vision was blurry and my head was spinning out of control. I was having the time of my life, not wanting it to end.

The man standing at the controls was staring at me. His face would come into view every few seconds when I was spinning around and I knew he was getting tired of me.

When the ride came to an end and I got off, I ended up tripping in the process before Eli grabbed my arm, pulling me up. I smiled at him as we walked out of the gate.

I tried going back in line but I was pulled back. I saw the man staring at me, shaking his head and I couldn't help but smile at him. "I'll see you soon." I shot him a peace sign.

"No you won't." Eli pulled my arm. "You went on that ride ten times in a row. I'm surprised they let you back in."

"It's a fair. I can go on any ride as many times as I want." I said, pulling my arm away.

"Jess," He grabs my arm and pulls me back. "you want some food?"

I shook my head. "No thanks. I'm still dizzy from the ride. If I ate something, I'd barf."

He laughs. "You shouldn't have went ten times."

"It was fun." I shrug.

I felt his arm around my shoulder as we were walking around, looking for more things to do. I wanted to ride another ride, maybe something that went upside down or spun really fast.

My adrenaline was pumping, ready for more exciting and stomach turning, head-spinning rides.

I saw the Fire Ball and instantly escaped Eli's grip, walking towards the round metal rollercoaster. I smiled up at it then saw the line that formed in front of it. 

It was a pretty long line.

Shrugging, I decided to take my chances. If I waited any longer, this line could be ten times bigger by the time these people are on and off.

"Where are you going now?" Eli asked, trying to catch up to me.

Walking through the crowds of people, I looked up at it and smiled. I stood in line behind this guy that was at least six feet tall. He was towering over me and I'm standing at about five; five.

Eli stood next to me and I saw him look up at the rollercoaster before looking back at me. "You're going to get sick from riding everything that makes your body fluids jumble around."

"That's the fun part." I smiled.

I looked around at how many people were walking around, standing in line at rides or sitting down at tables and eating fried corn dogs on a stick.

The fair is honestly the best place in the world. Too bad it only comes around once a year, during the fall and after halloween.

But this time around, it came before halloween and I was beyond excited. I told Eli about it and we both instantly came here, which was over thirty miles just to get here.

Three days is not enough for something amazing to be in town then vanished after the third day.

It was staying here for five now, so I was happy about that.

When Eli asked if we were coming the next five days it was here, I instantly said of course.

Looking down at the ground, I could see the cleaning people has a lot of work to do. There's garbage everywhere, plus some uneaten food and I think that's barf over there.