chapter: fifty one

WITHOUT YOU by The Kid LAROI^

The story I told Eli left him speechless. He honestly couldn't believe anything I was saying but I had to keep telling him that it was the truth and there's no way in hell that I would lie about this.

Then I told him that Sophie wanted me to come over, so now I was trying to figure out what to do.

"You shouldn't go." He as he stared at me. "I'm serious, Jesse. This Belle chick is bad news and if something happens to you-"

"I already talked to the police. They said they'll handle it."

He shook his head before placing his head in his hands. "I don't know. Maybe you should stay away from this woman. It's obvious that she's messing with your head."

I stared at the floor for a moment as I was thinking all this through. I was so lost that my mind was spinning from all the thinking and shit I've been through.

"Don't do something that's going to hurt you in the long run. Obviously this woman is hurting you, Jesse. You said so yourself."

Telling Eli that being hurt by River was something I shouldn't have said for many reason. I knew he would continue telling me that doing this wasn't the best idea and that I should stay away from her.

I did leave out the parts about how River was and how crazy she is.

"So what should I do?" I ask.

He sighs then stands up, pacing the room for a little before stopping and looking at me. "You're twenty one. You obviously know what you're doing, otherwise you wouldn't be running back to her." He looks at me a little longer.

"Do you, Jesse. Whatever you think is right. I just want you happy and safe. I don't want nothing to happen to you."

"Nothing will." I got up and pulled him into a hug.

He smiles once we pull back. "If you need me, call me."

"Thanks." I smile. "By the way, can I borrow your car?"

"Of course. Just don't let some crazy ass bitch smash the tires."

Chuckling, I grab the keys from him then pulled him into a hug again. I said bye then stopped before I walked out the door of the room. "By the way, cover for me."

"Already on it." He smiles as he follows me out the room and down the stairs.

I waved by to him before walking out of the house and down the driveway. I got to his car before getting in then starting it before turning the heater on.

Not sure when this cold ass weather was going to be over with but this is complete bullshit.

It's too cold to ride my board and that makes me made.

As I was sitting there, I decided to message Sophie back. I told her that I was on my way, which I don't think was the smartest idea because of so many reasons, just like all the other times.

It scares me to the limit where I don't want to do the shit that I do in the end.

I've never been more scared of someone than I am with River.

I don't know what it is- well, actually I do know why I'm scared of her.

She can hurt me in ways that I can never be unhurt by her.

I like her and that should be the scariest thing of all.

Liking someone who can damage your heart in seconds.