chapter: twenty seven

Maniac by Conan Gray^

The sun was shining through the window, which made me flutter my eyes open then I immediately shut them again.

It was too much light.

I groaned before pulling the blanket closer to my neck before turning over then instantly getting a headache. I groaned again before turning over onto my stomach and placing my face in the pillow.

Taking a deep breath, I let it out before stopping mid-way. I leaned up, with my eyes still shut and felt my eyebrows furrow before realizing that the smell of these pillows didn't smell like mine.

Leaning on my hands, I opened my eyes before looking down at the pillows and not being about to identify them as mine.

I looked over at the other side of the bed and realized this wasn't even my bed.

Turning over in a quick motion, I tossed the blanket off of me before sitting up and looking around the room, which was also not mine.

Where the hell am I?

I didn't recognize this room at all.

It wasn't mine. Nor was it Eli's.

Was it Naomi's?

Why would I be at her house?

I don't remember anything from last night. The only thing I remember was talking to River then walking inside the bar.

But I don't even remember walking inside the bar.

I sat on the edge of the bed and looked down at my clothes. I sighed then stood up. "Thank God I have my clothes on."

Looking around, I was as confused as I could be. I know I didn't drink that damn much where I ended up at a strangers house.

I slipped my shoes on that were next to the bed before walking to the door of the room. It was closed and I reached for the handle before feeling my pants and finding my phone.

Sighing, I slowly opened the door before slipping out and realizing this was a two-story house. I walked out and looked around before walking to the end of stairs.

When I heard voices, I stopped and listened as I tried to identify who they belonged to.

"What are you plans for today?"

"I don't know. Don't really have any."

I listened, trying to recognize the voices but couldn't.

"Why don't we go out and do something?"

"Not really in the mood."

"You're never in the mood. Come on, River."

My eyes widened as big as they possibly could and I thought they were going to jump out of my head.

I felt my heart start beating fast as I slowly backed away from the stairs and looked around, realizing that I was in River's house.

"What the fuck." I whispered.

"I need to go upstairs for something. I'll be back."

My panic was happening right now when I realize that River was walking up the stairs. I quickly looked around before rushing back into the room I was currently in.

Looking around, I saw a closet on the left side and ran to it before sliding it open and practically throwing myself into it.

It was the kind of closet you could see out of it from the doors, but couldn't see inside. It was the type like vents on the doors where you could see out a little.