chapter: twelve

"You made it!" Morgan screamed as I walked into the house. I knew she would be happy to see me once I knocked on that door and hoping she would be the one to answer it.

She pulls me further in, allowing me to barely shut the door behind me as I was pulled into the kitchen. "Mom!" I saw Tory standing at the counter and when she saw me, she smiled.

I placed my skateboard against the wall as we made ourselves known.

"Hey, Jesse. Glad to see you made it."

"Yes ma'am. I wouldn't miss it for the world." I smiled over at Morgan as she was smiling back at me.

She pulls me out of the kitchen and into the kitchen room, then out the back door. I look around at how everything was pretty much already set up.

I saw Carter, her other mom, standing on a ladder. She was putting up a Happy Birthday banner. I watch as she got it hung up then climbed down the ladder before turning to look at us.

"Hey, Jesse. You're the first one here." She smiles as she walks towards me then pulls me into a hug.

"Cause Jesse's one of my best friends." Morgan smiles as she pulls me into a side hug.

Carter crossed her arms as she was watching me, smiling. I couldn't help but smile back as I wrap my arm around Morgan's shoulder.

The party didn't start until one and it was only twelve forty right now. I asked who all she invited and she said everyone from the street plus some of her friends from school.

She kept talking about what she wanted for her birthday and I already had her something, which was in my pocket. I knew that you couldn't go wrong with money so she could get something she wanted.

After a while, everyone started showing up and we all greeted each other when they saw me sitting in the living room. I smiled at everyone as they approached me, watching them as they sat down or some of them went into the kitchen.

As I was sitting there, I saw Micah smile at me before sitting down next to me. She had a drink in her hand, which was a red solo cup but I knew it wasn't alcohol.

"You enjoying the party?" She asked before taking a sip of her drink.

"Yeah, are you?"

She nods before setting her cup on the table in front of us. "Yep. Brailynn really wanted to come and since we all got invited, I figured why not?"

I chuckle as I look around at everyone before looking back at Micah. "How cool is it that everyone here is gay."

Micah nods as she looks around. "It's paradise."

I smile then nod. I knew that was the truth cause who could ask for a better place to live.

You're surrounded by amazing people, who are funny and awesome. They bring positive energy and it's such an amazing feeling when you're around all of them.

"I'm glad I got to meet y'all." I smile at Micah as she was taking a sip from her cup

She looks at me as she sets the cup down in her lap. "Oh yeah? Why is that?"

"You're all amazing." I shrug as I look around. "I enjoy hanging out with y'all."

I watch as she was looking around before nodding. "Yeah, I've grown to know that this is family to me. Personally, since I never really had a family that cared about me. It's amazing to have people who actually do now."

Hearing Micah say that made me smile since we share similar pasts. I never knew cause, like myself, I don't like talking about my past and I know people, who have been through similiar situations don't like sharing either.