chapter: sixteen

I came to a stop at the end of the street before pulling my phone out of my pocket. I looked through my playlist of music, trying to find something to listen to. I wanted to jame out on the way to work.

As I was looking through my music, I look up in time for a car to stop in front of me and when the passenger window rolled down, I saw River looking at me.

"Need a ride?" She asks.

I look around then back at her as she was watching me, waiting for an answer. I didn't know what to say cause I was a little confused on why she was asking if I needed a ride.

"Uh.. actually I was on my way to work. It's just a few streets down." I pointed.

She looks over at the way I was pointing then looked back at me. "I could give you a ride there."

At this point, I was extremely confused. After all the times we encountered each other, this is the first time that has me confused as hell.

"Come on."

She leans over and opens the door. I grab my board then slowly walk to her vehicle before holding onto the door and looking at her for a moment before getting in.

"You seem a little confused." She chuckles and I look over at her as she was slightly smiling.

"Uh, yeah.." I look out the window. "It's down Richards street." I look over at her.

She smiles at me before nodding. "Gotcha. So you work down here?" I nod. "Doing what?"

"Uh, I help everyone around their house. Clean and stuff."

"That's cool." She smiles.

At this point, I was really confused. I kept staring at her as she was driving and I was trying to figure out what the hell was happening.

She looks over and smiles. "What?"

"Why- I'm confused."

I heard her chuckle as she turned down the street. "Yeah, I can see that. Why? Cause I'm giving you a ride?"

"Yeah.. we've been running into each other almost everyday and now.. you're just asking to give me a ride?"

She shrugs. "I see you everyday riding your skateboard so I figured you'd want a ride wherever you're going." She looks at me as she came to a stop. "Is that weird?"

"A little." I nod then look out the window and saw that I was in front of Dakota and Emma's house, which I never told her where I needed to be dropped off at. "How did you know I needed to be here?"

She smiles then slowly unbuckles her seat belt before looking at me. She leans over as slowly as she could and I could hear my heart beating in my chest as she was getting closer.

beep beep beep

I jerked myself awake as I heard my alarm going off. I look over at it flashing in red lights and the sun was shining through the window.

Looking at the ceiling I realized that was a dream.

Shutting my eyes, I rolled over and placed my face against my pillow before screaming. I kicked my legs then laid there for a moment before rolling over and sitting on the edge of my bed.

I rubbed my face before looking over at the door where Eli was standing with a tooth brush in his mouth. He was giving me a confused look as I got up then walked to the door and pushed him out the way.

"What's your problem? Hey! I was still using the bathroom!"

I slammed the bathroom door before doing my business and brushing my teeth before walking out and getting ready for work.