Varshu, My wifey

Author's Pov

" I am sorry. I tried, but the mother and son are dead," Arjun replied the same words which he heard that day.

Everyone gasped.

***********

Flashback

Hospital

Arjun's Pov

I gasped.

" Please do something. She is such a gem, Doctor. We can't lose her," Hasini Sister cried.

I stood there like a statue. Her every word, actions, smile,.. etc. Everything came in front of my eyes. Tears started to flow from my eyes.

" We are really sorry," Nurse cuts off the doctor and murmured something in her eyes.

The doctor nodded her head and said," 5 minutes. I will come,"

It's all because of me. If I convinced her that day to come with me to my home or explained the situation to Karthick, then it won't happen.

It's all because of me. My god. Why? Why did you do this to her? Why?

I killed her. Yes, I killed her. If I am a little more careful then it wouldn't happen.

That child is died before seeing this world. It's all because of me. What will I say to her brother? I didn't even know his name.

I need to say this to her brother. But how?

His contact will be in Pravna's mobile right. Yes, it will be.

" Sister, where is her mobile?" I asked her.

She stopped crying and started to search in her bag, " I kept it in my bag when I get down from the ambulance, but it's not here,"

" Wait. I will try to call her mobile," I said and dialed her number, but it's switched off.

" I will check where they dropped us. I would have lost it there," She said while removing her tears.

" I will come with you. We need to inform her brother. So, we need her mobile for his contacts," I said and she nodded.

We both went and checked the place, but it's not there. She doesn't remember the ambulance number or the driver's face.

I thought for some time and said, " You leave now, sister. I will take care. Somebody would have taken the mobile. Now we don't have time for this and also you have an early flight in the morning,"

" I don't want to. She has died and how can I leave her? She thought of me like her own sister," She cried.

" I understand, Sister. If you are going to be here means will she come back?

No, right. If she is here then she will itself send you to achieve your dream.

Anyway, she won't be here with us even we want her too. I will take care, Sister. Please," I convinced her.

" At least, I want to see her face for the last time," She cried.

" It will take time to complete the procedures, Sister. You will miss your flight. Please," I said.

She nodded and left the hospital with tears in her eyes.

I went inside the hospital and sat on the chair outside the operation theatre.

" Where did you go? The doctor is searching for you," Nurse called me suddenly.

" What happened?" I asked.