Empathy

Author's Pov

Arjun looking at Akhil with a confused look.

" What are you doing here? How did you come inside? What are you trying to say? And how do you know Kamiya?" Arjun asked all his questions at a time.

" I followed Kamiya and Ishu as they were running like a maniac in the road. I told your sister that I know Kamiya when she asked about me. And I came when Karthick asked 'is it true?' " Akhil stated without any emotions.

" I am sorry, Akhil. I know that my mistake is not a forgiving one, but it's not intentional. You can punish me, Akhil. I am sorry. I am sorry. I am sorry." Karthick asked in the same kneel down position while joining his both hands.

Arjun interrupted Karthick and asked, " Can anyone explain what is happening here? Is there anything I need to know?"

" So many things. You have to know so many things, Arjun. So many things," Akhil stated.

" What is that?" Arjun asked.

" Before that, I want that letter. Give me that," Akhil asked.

" Why I have to give it to you?" Arjun asked, but Kamiya got it from the bed where Arjun kept it and gave Akhil as she knew that he deserves to read that.

Arjun's head is paining like anything with all this. Akhil read the letter with the tears stung his eyes.

He removed the tears from his eyes and said, " I am the person who is behind all your failures or I can say miseries, Arjun. I want to take revenge against you, Arjun.

But Kamiya is the person who is supporting you without even knowing a single thing about you. She is the person who trusted you without any proof. She is the person who wants you to won in her challenge against her.

But she doesn't want you to distract with my revenge as she knows about your temper issues. That's why she didn't ask you anything. She put everything in her head and helped you with the help of her friends. She tried her own to find the truth and I think she did it today."

He looked at Ishu and continued with tears, " Someone told me that I will regret my act one day. And I don't know that day will come soon. I am regretting my every action.

I am really regretting," and Ishu smiled hearing his words as she understood that he changed his opinion on Arjun, but she is scared of his reaction towards Karthick.

Akhil once again looked at Arjun and asked, " Befuddled right,"

Akhil started after a minute, " I am Akhil, brother of Pravna,"

Arjun stunned at this and asked, " Explain me the whole thing,"

Ishu started to explain everything from the beginning and Arjun gasped many times while she is explaining. Ishu didn't say about Akhil's and Swetha's marriage talk or about their meet with Rajeesh as she doesn't know about that.

" I think I am the only one who is in the dark right. Am I a control freak? Can't I understand this? Karthick you too hid everything from me," Arjun asked with a hurt look.

" Why did you hide about my own son from me, Arjun? If it is for my good, then I can say the same," Karthick replied.

Arjun hugged Karthick and said, " I know, Karthick. Please, don't be like this. We can solve everything,"

" I am regretting my revenge, but it doesn't mean that I will forgive you, Karthick," Akhil stated. Arjun and Karthick removed from their hug.

Karthick looked down in shame as he deserves this. Ishu is looking at Akhil with a scared expression.

Akhil went near Karthick. Everyone is looking at Akhil with fear as they don't know what he is going to do.

Arjun is preparing himself to stop Akhil if anything happens.

Karthick didn't look up at Akhil as he can't face him with this guilty.

After a few minutes, Akhil hugged Karthick and said, " You didn't done any mistake intentionally and I am not the person who has a right to forgive you,"

Karthick removed from the hug and looked at him with a muddled look.

Akhil continued, "A person who needs to be angry at you is Pravna. But she was not even a single percent mad at you that we can understand it from her letter.

She is the person who protected you from your own guilt, then who am I to punish you?

And also I can understand your good heart from your reaction after all the revelation. You would have easily claimed that the mistake is not intentional, so you don't have to take the child's responsibility. But you didn't.

Even you didn't try to hide this from your girl. After all this, if I am angry on you then Pravna will not forgive me,"

Ishu smiled happily at Akhil with a proud smile.

" Yes, Karthick. You don't have to be guilt. If I would have been a little more careful. Then, it wouldn't happened," Now Arjun said with a guilty look.

Akhil immediately hugged Arjun and said, " Don't be. Please.. If I have to be thankful to anyone, then you are one whom I have to be thankful till my last breath and also I am really sorry for all my deeds,"

Akhil removed himself from the hug and continued, " Now, I have understood one thing. That is we all didn't do anything intentionally, but as a human, we all did some mistakes without our knowledge.

Humans are not perfect and we need to accept our imperfections. And most important, Everything happens for a reason.

We won't be knowing the reason behind everything, but the person who has designed everything will know. Yes, our god will know. It doesn't mean that Pravna died is for good. But sometimes it happens and it's her fate. God will have some reason for this too that we don't know.

We need to accept it. That's all. If we really need to be punished for this, then God will give the punishment,"

Ishu is looked at him with an awed look. Her love and respect towards him increased even more than before.

" Finally, I don't want Karthick to miss his girl for Pravan. And I don't want any unnecessary problems in Arjun's family. So, I have decided that I am going to adopt Pravan," Akhil stated.

" No, Akhil. Whatever the problem, but I won't give my child to anyone after knowing all this. Please, I want my son to be with me," Karthick declared.

" But, Varsha," Karthick interrupted Akhil, " I won't change my decisions,"

" Maybe, Karthick, we will do like this. You explain all this to Varsha. If she is accepting you and Pravan after knowing the whole truth, then you adopt him.

Or else, one of us will do. Ok," Arjun asked his opinion.

" I won't change my decisions. I don't want Varsha to know about this as I can't face her hate towards me. And at the same time, I want my son with me," Karthick said with determination and everyone nodded at him without any option.

" Akhil, I want to ask you something. What you have decided about Ishu's request? I can see that you left the revenge long before, but what about Swetha? Did you explained everything to her?" Arjun asked as he and Ishu don't know about the things which happened regarding Swetha.

" As I said before, If God really wants to punish us, then he will do. As a punishment, I need to marry Swetha," Akhil said with a sad smile.

Ishu's eyes started to sting with her tears. Arjun had a blank look like he doesn't know what to do? Karthick and Kamiya muddled at him.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 39th and 40th has been updated in webnovel.