Caught

Arjun's Pov

I left the room in the morning to give her some space to get ready, but now I have left the room because I don't want to hurt her more.

I am waiting to get some alone time to spend with her from the morning, but now I don't want to face her.

I am that much furious at her. If I had been there one more minute, then I can't control my anger. How can she say that? It would have been hurt Patti so much.

I know Patti is also wrong on her side, but this is too much. This is not the right way to handle elders. I am disappointed in her.

I feel like she is doing all this to get rid of this relationship. I know, I have promised Dad that I will make her fall in love with me, but now I feel like I don't want this relationship to be forced on her.

I don't know, what is God planned for us. If divorce needs to be done in the future, then who I am to change that?

While I am thinking all this, I entered Patti's room. Patti is sitting in her recliner chair and reading the Bhagavad Gita( Hindu scripture that is part of the epic Mahabharata).

She is not looking dull. Maybe, she would have noticed my presence, that's why she is looking normal as she doesn't want me to feel bad.

"Patti," I called her.

She turned to my side and asked me to come inside.

I kneel down in front of her and said, "Sorry Patti. I am sorry on behalf of her,"

"I am also wrong from my side. Why are you getting angry on her alone?" She asked me.

" I know, Patti. You will be having a reason behind your behavior," I stated.

"Maybe, she too will be having a reason right," She uttered.

"Right, Patti. I can understand her love for her parents. Nevertheless, It is not the right way.

I don't understand one thing. Why are you doing this? Patti," I asked her.

"You yourself told me that I will be having my own reason right," She mocked me.

"Yeah, but..........." When I am thinking of the correct word to complete.

She cuts me off, " No buts and ifs. Go, you guys need to go temple,"

"Patti, Ok. I don't want to know anything. Please forgive her. Don't hate her, Patti," I requested her.

"I thought you are enraged at her than me," She smirked.

I smiled and said "I am, Patti. But anger is different from hate right,"

"I am very proud of you. I don't have any wrath or hate on her. As you said, I have my own purpose behind this. And you will come to know that when the right time comes," She told and kissed my forehead with a smile.

"You have to be like this always. And also being a girl itself is the toughest thing in this world. She needs to sacrifice, adjust everywhere. So, you need to understand her and you need to be empathetic towards her.

Am I clear? She is new here. You need to give whatever she wants," Patti advised me.

Yeah, Patti, I am going to give her a divorce. If that is what she wants....

Patti shook me and asked," What happened?"

I smiled sadly and said," Yes, Patti. I will give whatever she wants,"

"I and my granddaughter in law will be having so many things to talk, play, fight, etc.. So, don't interfere hereafter. Ok," She smiled at me.

"Ok, Patti." I too smiled at her and went out of her room.