Chapter 12

I leaned against the window thinking about where my parents are now and if they miss me. I think about Matteo and how even though he is an ass I will get him to open up to me. He told me about his brother so that is a start. I'm sure I can get used to his bitchy personality.

Finally, we land in the middle of nowhere. I wake Rose up, "Hey Rose," I whisper lightly as I shake her awake, "We are here."

"Ugh, can we go home now?" I laugh a little at her.

"I would say yes if I knew how to get there."

We walk out of their private jet and into a regular black sports car. I was kind of hoping it would be another Lamborghini but it wasn't.

It was about a fifteen-minute drive to their aunt's house. As we drove up to the house I took in the scenery. It was a mountaintop house with a beautiful view. The tall mountains surround us, the icy white tips that melted into the beautiful vibrant green trees. It's a good thing I brought my books because this is an amazing place to read.

It is about eight at night now. What a long two days. Yesterday I was saved from the whore house, brought into Matteo's home with who I thought was my best friend, and my best friend told me she wasn't staying with me. Today I had a meeting with important people, saw my best friend off, shot at Matteo, got locked in a cell, found out my best friend wasn't really my best friend but someone who's working with the Russians, and moved into Matteo's aunt's house. I don't understand how I am still sane at this point especially when I only slept in the car on the way to the airport.

I head inside the house. Although the house is nice, it's not near as big as the mansion. The first room I see when I walk in is a cute little mudroom that has three hooks and cubbies for jackets and shoes. When I walk through that room I enter a hallway that leads to a hallway. On my left there is the living room, straight through the hallway is the kitchen and on my right is an office and stairwell leading upstairs.

A loud chirpy voice fills the house, "Matteo! I'm so glad you are here. I missed you so much," I assume that is Aunt Lucia. She walks up to Matteo and squeezes his cheeks, "You've grown up so much, your mother would be so proud."

Matteo, who is clearly uncomfortable, smiles politely at his aunt, "Thank you, Aunt Lucia."

"Oh, who's your guest?" she asks completely ignoring Rose.

"Hi ma'am, I'm Eve," I say as I reach out to shake her hand but she pulls me into a hug instead, "Oh!"

"Go ahead and put your stuff away and go to sleep for the night. I'm sure you guys are exhausted after the flight," their aunt says waving us up the steps.

I follow behind Matteo and Rose. There are only three rooms upstairs and four total people in the house. You know what that means, SLEEPOVER! I haven't had one of these since, well, ever!

Then my hopes were crushed, "Eve you will sleep in the same room as me," Matteo informs me.

"What? Why? I wanted to have a sleepover with Rose," I whine.

"Eve, you aren't a child stop acting like one."

"That's more what you said earlier," This is going to be so much fun annoying him.

Matteo sighs, "Just get in the room before I drag you in there."

"Woah, slow down. It's called consent. You have to ask a girl if it's okay before you sleep with her."

"Shut up and get in the room. Now," I can tell I'm already annoying him.

"Fine, but you're sleeping on the floor."