Chapter 31

Matteo doesn't tell me where we are going. This mother fucker blindfolded me the entire car ride to the airport and the entire plane ride. As if I was gonna look out the window and go "Oh judging by these clouds we are going to the Bahamas."

I sit waiting for Matteo to take my blindfold off but it feels like it's been on forever. He leaves the blindfold on until after we are off the plane and out of the car ride to who knows where.

When I step outside I can smell the salty, warm air. I know we are at the beach. My first thought is about what happened the last time I was at a beach with Matteo.

I shake my head so I stop thinking about that. "Thinking about what happened last time we were at a beach princess?" Matteo whispers in my ear. I can feel his hot breath on my neck.

My breath hitches in my throat, "N-no."

"Mhm, sure."

He takes off my blindfold and I am blinded once again by the light. When my eyes finally adjust I take in the view of the ocean.

***

I don't know where I expected us to stay but it was definitely not a mansion. The place is a beautiful beachfront mansion with no neighbors for at least a mile.

Despite having our own personal beach, I make him take me to the public beach. I'm going to have some fun annoying Matteo.

"I'm going to stay here. I'm not getting in the water." Matteo says as he sits in the beach chairs away from the water.

"Okay, I'm going to go get in the water." I kiss Matteo on the cheek and walk to the water.

I make sure to sassy my hips a little more when I walk because I know Matteo is staring at my ass. I mean I would too, this bikini makes me look so good. I get to the water and I can see a group of guys staring at me.

"Hey boys," I say with a wink. This is going to make Matteo mad.

"Hello"

"Hey"

"Hello love"

"Hey pretty lady"

Ugh, there it is again. Pretty lady count: 8.

I walk into the water until the water goes up to my shoulders. I pretend to start drowning because I know that one of the college boys will come to get me.

"Help! Help!" I could be an actress.

I watch as the blonde guy sprints and dives into the water. When he resurfaced he is right in front of me. He grabs me and carries me bridal style all the way out of the water.

I fake cough, "Thank you so much. I could've died." I kiss him on the cheek when he sets me down. Matteo is going to hate that.

"Of course. Make sure you are more careful out there. Although I don't mind saving a beautiful girl like you."

I giggle at him as a little school girl would. I glance over at Matteo and see him glaring at the boy.

"You're too sweet." I walk away after that. With the boys behind me, I walk back to Matteo, slowly, taking my time, letting the boys stare at me. I don't get too far before Matteo comes storming over, picks me up by the waist, and carries me into the water.

"What happened to not getting in the water?" I ask with a mischievous smile.

"Screw off."

With my legs wrapped around Matteo's waist and his hands on my butt holding me up, I kiss Matteo. I look up at the college boys and all of their jaws have dropped. I laugh and kiss Matteo again.

***

Vacation with Matteo was so much fun. We had long romantic walks on the beach and went on lots of cute dates. But most importantly we had... sexy time... a lot. Like every night.

Now we are back home in Italy. Matteo and I have both returned to our mafias and have to do a shit ton of work. We have a Mafia Market ball coming up later today.

I start getting ready. I wear a long, deep blue dress. It is right on my upper body but flows off my waist. I put a little make-up on and straighten my long black hair. I put on black heels that no one can see because of how long the dress is.

By the time I am ready it is time to leave. I walk out to the car and Matteo is there waiting for me.

"You look gorgeous as always princess." He says as he looks me up and down and opens the car door for me.

"Thank you, you don't look too bad yourself," I smirk at him and get in the car.

We walk and as normal everyone stares and whispers.

"They're still together."

"Matteo is back again."

"Unstoppable."

"Shouldn't cross them."

We don't bother talking to anyone. We don't need friends, we both control the two most powerful mafias in the world. We don't need anything else but each other.

Matteo and I have a couple of drinks and then head to the dance floor. We spin and spin and spin. We laugh, talk, and kiss as we dance not caring about everyone staring. After who knows how many songs, we stop spinning. But that doesn't stop my world from turning.

I watch as Matteo kneels down on one knee. I feel my breath quicken.

"Eve Black, I have always vowed I would never fall in love again but you changed that for me. You showed me how to be happy even with the awful life I live. You have gone through hell and back and still, keep a smile on your face. You never fail to impress me. I knew from the moment when I first kissed you right here on this dance floor that I never want to lose you. So my 20th question is, will you marry me, Princess?"

He holds the ring in front of me and stares into my eyes not bothering to look at anyone else. I wasn't bothered with anyone else until I see someone reach for their gun out of the corner of my eye. I quickly grab Matteo's gun from his waist and aim it at the man.

"I'm sorry but you are not ruining my moment. Put the gun away or I will not hesitate to kill you." I glare at the man. He quickly cowers away from me. I look back at Matteo.

"This is why I love you."

"I love you too. Yes, I will marry you." Matteo puts the ring on my finger and stands up. We kiss for a long time. When we stop kissing I look into his beautiful green eyes and know that I will never stop loving him. He is my world and he makes me happy.

There you go, guys! I finished the book! I will publish a little prologue soon. I hope you guys enjoyed it! I have so many more ideas for my next book that I can't wait to start. Please show some love on this one and let me know what kind of book you want for the next one. I love you guys and thank you all for the support!