Chapter 24

(Backs to Eves POV)

Matteo stays on my chest until Enzo and Rose get back. He quickly stands up, wipes his eyes to make sure they can't tell he cried and holds my hand. Rose walks in with two trays of food, one for me and one for her.

"I said I didn't need food." I give her a small smile.

"I know but you need to eat. We will eat together and catch up because I have so much drama to tell you about." I giggle as she sets the food on my lap. She glances at Matteo and Is hands, "It looks like you have some explaining to do too."

Matteo kisses my forehead and leaves with Enzo to let Rose and I talk.

"So? What's up with you and my brother?"

"Well, uh, I'm his girlfriend I guess. He said he loves me and then asked me to be his girlfriend. I'll spare you the mushy gushy details."

"No! Tell me EVERYTHING!" she almost yells.

I explain everything to her and she is beaming with joy, "Okay, your turn. What drama do you need to fill me in on?"

"Okay, you have to promise not to tell Matteo."

"I promise."

"Well, I kinda have a thing with a guy and we'll I don't think Matteo will be happy with me for who it is."

"Who is it?" I ask but I think I already know the answer.

"It's... Pietro."

I screech, "Yay! That is the same guy I helped you sneak out to see right?"

"Yes, but you can't tell Matteo!"

"I won't," I promise her.

Eventually, the doctor comes in and tells me I am cleared to leave but I am on bed rest. I move to stand up but Matteo quickly comes over and carries me instead. I lay in his arms, feeling safer than ever before.

I fell asleep during the car ride home and wake up in my bed. By my bed, I mean Matteo and I's bed. I roll over to feel for Matteo but he's not there.

"Matteo?" I get no response.

I get up and go downstairs. I begin walking down the steps only to start falling down them. I put my hands out to stop myself from hitting the ground but I never get there. Instead, I feel a pair of strong arms grab me from behind.

"You, princess are on bed rest," Matteo murmurs in my ear.

"But it's so boring without you." I turn and look at him pleadingly.

"Okay, then I will join you after I get you dinner."

"Deal," I hug him and walk back to my room.

He slowly walks down the stairs, eyeing me until I'm in our room to make sure I don't fall. I get back in bed and look around. I see a bucket that is just lying in the middle of the room and get an idea.

I sit on the bed with my leg bouncing in excitement. This is going to be so good!

"Eve," Matteo says as he opens the door, "I brought you-"

The bucket of water I put on top of the door falls and spills all over him but not my food. I get and grab my food from him.

"Thank you, Matteo. That was very sweet of you to get my food." I smirk at him.

"Oh well if it was so sweet of me I think I deserve a hug then." Uh oh.

I set my food down on the dresser and try to run, but there is nowhere to go. I jump over the bed and run around the room trying to get away from him. I move to run out the door but the water makes me slip. I begin to fall but once again Matteo catches me but when his arms wrap around me they don't pull me to my feet. Instead, they throw me on top of me as Matteo lands on the ground and I lay on top of him.

"Ha, you can't get away that easily princess" Matteo whispers seductively in my ear with his low raspy voice. My breath hitches and Matteo knows it. He smirks at me and I just know he can feel my heart rate pick up. "Nervous princess?"

"Uh, no. I'm going to eat now." I get up and grab my food. I sit on the bed with my slightly burnt grilled cheese, "Did you make this?"

"Yes, I did," Matteo says proudly and I don't have the heart to tell him it's burnt.

I watch him change. I stare right at his toned abs and his perfect dark skin. Matteo puts on grey sweatpants and no shirt.

"Your drooling," he says as he smirks at me.

"Am not." I scoff.

Matteo walks over to me and leans down in front of me. His wet hair drips on me and I suddenly can't breathe again.

"I think you have something right," he leans in and kisses me, "there."

He moves to pull away but I grab his arms and pull him on top of me. I put my hands on his neck and pull him into me. I kiss him and he does not hesitate to kiss me back. Matteo starts to kiss down my neck and my whole body tenses.

"Are you okay?" he stops kissing and looks up at me.

"Yeah, it's just that the only time this has ever happened was in the..." I trail off letting him complete my thought.

"We don't have to do this now, I'll wait until you are ready."

He rolls off of me and I lay my head on his chest. I fall asleep like that and don't wake up until the next morning.

The sun is shining in and Matteo is just getting out of the shower. He has a towel wrapped around his waist and the water is dripping down his hot body.

"Good morning Princess."

"Good morning Matteo." I whistle at him.

"Enjoying the view?"

"Very much."

Matteo walks over and kisses me on the top of my head. He leans down and whispers, "It's yours whenever you want it."

My face flushes red and I quickly turn and go to get dressed. Matteo chuckles as I do so. "Your adorable Princess."

I stick my tongue out at him which makes him laugh more. I grab his tuxedo jacket and head to my room to grab a skirt and shirt to go with it. (see photo at the top of the chapter)

"We have a meeting today. Then we are heading to Russia to get rid of the whore houses."

"We?" I ask confused about why I am going.

"Yes, my little mafia princess needs to be by my side at all times," Matteo says in a completely serious tone.

"Did you just call me little?" I asked with a little bit of annoyance tinged in my voice.

"Yes I did-" before he could finish talking I run over and tackle him onto the bed. I sit straddling him down.

"Take it back. Now!" I make a pouty face like a child which makes him laugh.

"Your skirt is getting a little too revealing when you sit like that," he smirks.

I immediately get off of him but I keep him pinned down with my arms. He could easily throw me off of him but he doesn't.

"Fine, your not little."

"Thank you." I get off of him and let him get up.

"Your tiny."

I turn around and run at him but he is prepared this time. When I jump at him he catches me and throws me over his shoulder and carries me downstairs.

"My ass is showing for all your men to see you know." Instead of putting me down like I thought he would he just puts both his hands on my ass to cover it up.

I can almost see him smirking from behind him.

Once we get to the car he puts me down and gets in the car himself. Now, we head to the meeting.