Best Date Ever

"You don't have a say in this Rory."

"I should! Dammit, Magellan," Ross threw a glass up against the wall of the set, the pieces shattering and spilling over the floor. He walked towards Laura, turning her around and making her face him. "I don't care if you are the 'Last Hope' or whatever the hell it is they're calling you. You're you, and you have a choice!"

"No, I don't."

"Yes, you do!" he yelled back at her, her eyes widening before softening his voice. "If you're really going to choose to throw your life away no matter what, then at least do it because you love this place or because you truly believe that these people will get a better life. Don't do it because Edu told you it was your destiny. Don't do it because you'll save all of us. That's bullshit."

Laura stared back up at him, moving slowly away from him as his hands dropped. "I...I have to. I have to do this."

"This means you'll die."

"If it means saving you," she turned back around, their argument becoming much more real and within minutes, Ross was back at her side and sweeping her up into a passionate kiss. This kiss wasn't like their real kisses, it was a movie one, but still just as powerful.

His hands swiped against her skin, and pulled up her chin towards his mouth. "Don't do this."

"You'll die," she said, her own fingers lightly brushing over his moist lips. "Rory, you have to live. You heal people. You healed me. Me? There are many more hackers and treasure hunters in the world. I'm not as valuable as you are."

He yanked her wrist back as she went to move away and she watched his eyes narrow at her. "Don't you ever, ever, think you're not valuable. Got me?"

"Cut!" Stevenson called and Ross let go of her wrist, kissing it lightly and making sure she knew that was still Rory and not him. "That was pretty damn convincing you two," the director came over to talk with them along with all the set stylists, rearranging the look of the room, as well as the make up department touching up everything on them. They stayed close to one another, listening to Stevenson's notes on the scene. "You know the context, she's about to give up her life for everyone. Ross, can we get Rory a little more mad?"

"I can do mad. Livid actually."

"Just what I want," Stevenson patted him on the shoulder and Ross and Laura got ready to run the scene for, if he was keeping count right, eighth time. The first one had been too soft, the second one had mistakes in every possible way, the third was the boom guy's fault, the fourth was too angry, and by the fifth, they were finding the stride of the emotion they wanted. This last one was almost perfect in his opinion, but then again, he wasn't the director. "Alright, places."

"One more time," he told her, getting in the mood to be livid at her again.

"The last time," she nodded.

The lines came and went, his voice more pointed at her and sharp. Ross had truly never really been livid or mad at Laura, but with her as Magellan and what she was about to do, he could be. About to give up her own life for the safety of the Ten was not something Rory actually agreed with.

"Rory, you have to live," Laura bit down on her lip, pausing before continuing her line. "You heal people. You healed me. Me? There are many more hackers and treasure hunters in the world. I'm not as valuable as you are."

He clutched onto her wrist almost crushing it. "Don't you ever, ever, think you're not valuable. Got me?" his eyes narrowed again before he threw her wrist back at her angrily. "You do what you want Magellan. Don't think about how much I love you while you're giving up your freedom. In fact, forget about me entirely." He walked past her and off the set, just like in the script while the camera focused on her, her emotions finally breaking down.