All Around The World

There was no other way to say it. Bermuda was beautiful. So, so beautiful. Laura was kind of pinching herself as she stared out on the horizon. From her little balcony outside her room, she could actually see the entire Atlantic Ocean and it was gorgeous. It was calm tonight and just what she needed after a long day of running around the island on a slew of promo duties for Into Thin Air.

Along with Jennifer, the publicist from Paramount assigned to her promo run, they had started at the airport where Laura was more than happy to tour the hangars and chat with the pilots there. They moved on to St. Catherine's church, and stopped by the Crystal Caves where she was shown around inside and wowed by it's wonder. Jennifer had moved her along to the Royal Naval Dockyard on the west side the island, where they also stopped by the Dockyard Glassworks and she picked up something cool for Ross and her father, then onto St. James church which was a stunning sight to see.

The city of Hamilton and some shipwrecks were on the list for tomorrow before Jennifer pointed out that they would have to stop by the pink beach and Laura was kind of excited for that. She'd never seen anything except for the yellow-ish sandy beaches of Los Angeles. She leaned her head back and listened to the quietness of the ocean, sipping on the most delicious mojito she'd ever tasted. Her feet rested on the chaise she laid on, her legs sore from standing mostly all day and crouching down into the caves, wishing she had worn or had a spare pair of flats instead of the heels.

After arriving at the hotel, the most gorgeous hotel ever in her opinion, Laura had quickly changed out of her cute skirt and top, let her hair down and pulled on the most comfortable pair of shorts with one of his tees that she may or may not have stolen from Ross before they left Los Angeles. She had no regrets about it either. It still smelled like him and she could sleep in it for months.

She opened her eyes as she set the drink down on the table and looked out at the pristine beach with more chaises lined up. There were some couples enjoying the sunshine that still beamed down onto them, and a few other hotel guests were on the beach and enjoying the water. She thought about going down there and probably would later on, but right now, she needed to rest...and to call her boyfriend who was supposed to be all settled in his own hotel in Puno, Peru. The little city was just on the border of Peru and Bolivia and unlike her stops, Ross would be hiking to his the next day.

Laura had tried to pinpoint the location of The Gate of the Gods on Google Maps and it was a lost cause. Not even getting the coordinates, or close to them and entering them was getting her anywhere. She was just praying he had cell service there and would be sending her creepy pictures while she'd send him breathtaking ones. Reaching for her phone on the table next to her, Laura checked the time - 8:14 p.m. It wasn't late, but it wasn't early either and she still wanted to go down to the beach before she hit the sack and prepared herself for a full day tomorrow.

Scrolling down the list of places for the next day, she let out a deep sigh and got off from the lounge chair, escaping back into her room. She slipped on her sandals and grabbed her room key. The plan was to go down to the beach and relax while calling Ross, and then grab a bite to eat at the restaurant, complete with another one of those mojitos. But before she could even get to the elevator, her phone was buzzing in her hand.

"Hi there sexy," Laura bit down on her tongue, her mouth curling into a smile as she answered the call from Ross.

"Sexy? I'm pretty sure I look anything but sexy right now, but I'll take it."

"And I'll argue that you're sexy all the time."

"This conversation got turned around. I'm the one supposed to be telling you that."

"But you tell me that all the time. My turn," Laura headed out towards the beach and slipped off her sandals fast, letting her toes sink into the sand. "How was your flight?"