Auslly Baby Talk

Need to talk to you. Something important. Please call.

Laura stopped unloading a few groceries in her new kitchen and scrunched up her nose at Calum's message. Normally, when she got a message from her best ginger friend, it had her laughing out loud and almost keeling over. She had gotten many jokes from him, pleads for spoilers throughout her career and even silly emoji texts just to keep in touch. She loved those texts. This text was borderline cryptic and she didn't exactly know how to take it. Pushing her number five favorite on her phone and putting it on speaker, she didn't have to wait long for Calum to pick up her call.

"That was fast," he told her.

"And that was a vague message."

"I know. Um, are you free for lunch or something? I texted Ross too. I need to talk with you both about something."

"Calum, is something wrong?"

"No, nothing's wrong. Just...this is better to ask in person. Mercantile, 2 o'clock?"

Glancing over at the clock, she ballparked the time it would take to get there and if she were at her parents home, it wouldn't be possible. But now with just living over the hill, it was the short drive she was looking for. "I can do 2. Did you get a hold of Ross?"

"Yea. He'll be there. I'll see you soon."

And soon she did. It was just past two when she walked through the door of the quaint French bistro in Hollywood and spotted Calum with his friend and business partner Derek talking up a storm and not noticing her until she sat down on the opposite side. Calum's grin went wide and Laura find herself standing up once more to get the biggest hug from her friend. She hugged him right back, knowing it's been a long while since they had seen each other.

"I am so glad to see you," he muttered before letting her go and she grabbed a hug from Derek while she could.

"Please tell me that you're not canceling on me for tomorrow. There will be moving and then beer and pizza and a whole lot of Lynches that I need help with. You can not bail on me."

"I'll be there, don't worry. This is about something else altogether and it involves Ross. But, since you did mention tomorrow, can I request pineapple?"

Laura was still confused and would remain confused until Ross came up behind her and slipped into the seat beside her. She gave him a kiss before Calum and Derek dived into something she was possibly making bigger in her head than it truly was.

"So what's up? You said this was important," Ross asked and the duo before the couple got down to business.

"Okay, so I have a favor to ask you both and you can say no at any time. You both know that we're working on this new show for Disney Channel and we're going to be filming a special holiday episode soon. The idea of the episode is that the star of our show actually gets in this horrible Christmas mood and only wants to spend the day sleeping it away. But when she goes to sleep at night, she dreams up this full on Disney dream episode of almost every one of the old shows is featured," Calum took a breath, explaining the episode the two were writing at the very moment to them both. As far as Laura could tell it was a good concept. The girl dreams Christmas, finding out the true meaning from Disney stars of the past - and he had already booked other stars who had since moved on from the channel including David Henrie, Bridgit Mendler, Debby Ryan, even Brenda Song was coming back for a short cameo.

"And our idea is that Austin and Ally could possibly be in the background of her dream either performing something on a random television or radio or even just posters over the places she'll be in her dream. Again, you can say no and 'what the hell are you thinking, Calum?' but I knew I had to ask."