Chapter 9

Enchanted Forest...

Rose Red, Emma, Mary Margaret, Aurora and Mulan were walking back to the haven.

"I don't know if I can do this. I'm not a very good liar," Aurora said.

"Oh, it's not really a lie, Aurora. Lancelot did die an honourable death, and Cora did escape. All true. Just leave the particulars to us. There's no reason to cause unnecessary panic amongst your people," Mary Margaret said.

"I'm not so sure it's unnatural-," Aurora began to say.

Mulan noticed the guard tower was empty, "Wait," They all stopped walking, "The tower. We always have sentries guarding the entrance. Stay close," Mulan said.

"I'll walk around the perimeter to see if I can find anything," Rose Red said and walked ahead.

The remaining three of them entered the area below the guard tower, the haven, where they found piles of corpses strewn across the field.

"Oh my God..." Emma said.

"This can't be... Our land... We were protected here, hidden. How did the ogres find us?" Mulan asked.

Mary Margaret noticed that the bodies all had bloodied chested, "Ogres didn't do this," Mary Margaret said.

"What?" Mulan asked.

"Cora did. Their hearts... They were ripped out. This is her magic, twisted and evil. We have to stop her," Mary Margaret said.

"Too late. She killed them. She killed them all," Mulan said.

"Well, we have to stop her before she hurts anyone else!" Mary Margaret said.

Emma noticed a hand waving under a stack of bodies, "Hey! Hey! Look!" Emma said as rushed towards the stack of bodies.

"There's someone under there," Aurora said and she helped Emma to free the person.

"He's alive," Emma said in relief.

"Please," Captain Hook said, he looked at them, scared.

"It's okay," Mary Margaret said softly.

"Please, help me," Captain Hook begged.

"It's okay. You're safe now. We won't hurt you," Mary Margaret said.

"Thank you. Thank you..." Captain Hook said.

Outside the perimeter, Rose Red continued to look around, her hands glowing red, ready to defend herself if anyone or anything was planning a surprise.

Storybrooke...

Outside Granny's Diner, Jefferson walked out and walked to David placing two coffees on the table and he sat opposite David.