Chapter 12

Enchanted Forest...

Mulan drew a sundial in the dry dirt with a stick, Aurora, Emma and Mary Margaret watched her.

"What is that?" Aurora asked.

"It keeps the time," Mulan said.

"You have somewhere to be?" Mary Margaret asked.

"We can mark watches, take turns sleeping. We'll most likely have to walk through the night again, so we should rest while we can," Mulan said.

"I'll take first shift," Mary Margaret said.

"I'll stay up with you," Aurora said.

"Okay," Mulan said and walked away.

Emma walked to the beanstalk and she looked up, Mary Margaret watched her then looked at Aurora, "When's the last time you slept?" Mary Margaret asked her.

"I don't really sleep now. Not after what I've been through," Aurora said.

"Sleeping curse," Mary Margaret said and Emma glanced at them.

"The one time I did sleep, I had horrible nightmares," Aurora said.

"It's a side effect," Mary Margaret said.

"Is it?" Emma said and walked up to them.

"Yeah, same thing happened to me," Mary Margaret said.

"Really?" Emma asked.

"It did?" Aurora asked.

"I had them for months. Charming, your dad, my husband, he used to wake me. When I cried out, he'd light a candle. He said it would capture the nightmares. He'd watch over me as I fell back to sleep," Mary Margaret said.

"Sounds like he lives up to his name," Aurora said.

"Yeah. Um... Why don't you try... To sleep? I'll watch over you. You'll be safe," Mary Margaret said.

"Thank you," Aurora said and she sat down, resting her head on Mary Margaret's knee, closing her eyes.

They heard someone approaching and turned to see Giselle, "Who are you?" Mulan asked as she drew her sword.

"My name's Giselle Jones... I'm looked for Rose Red," Giselle said.

"How do you know my sister?" Mary Margaret asked.

"It's a long story," Giselle said.

"Jones... Killian Jones, your Hook's sister?" Emma asked.

"Hook? Oh..." Giselle chuckled bitterly, "Yes, well, that's unfortunate for me that I'm related to that asshole," Giselle said.

" Giselle chuckled bitterly, "Yes, well, that's unfortunate for me that I'm related to that asshole," Giselle said

"How do we know you're friends of her?" Emma asked.

"I know her husband, the Mad Hatter... I'm the Ace of Hearts... Well, I was," Giselle said.