Chapter 42

Flashback: Neverland

On the Jolly Roger, Captain Hook was on deck looking at a drawing of Milah.

Mr Smee walked up beside him, "Milah was quite beautiful, wasn't she? Don't worry, Captain. You'll avenge her. No matter what it takes, I know you'll find a way to kill Rumpelstiltskin," Mr Smee said.

"Mr Smee, what news of the day's catch? The boy we yanked from the sea," Captain Hook said.

"He's still asleep. A bit waterlogged and smells of catfish, but he'll live," Mr Smee said.

Giselle walked towards them, "Oh, so like you daily then? Luckily, he doesn't share the unfortunate stench of BO as you do," Giselle said as she looked at Mr Smee.

"Easy, sister," Captain Hook pulled his sister towards him and she looked at him, "Where do you suppose he came from? There aren't many other ships in this area, and his clothes are certainly not of this land," Captain Hook said.

"What if the boy belongs to him? The ones he kidnaps from the other world. I'd bet my rations on it," Mr Smee said.

"Indeed. But could we be so lucky?" Captain Hook said.

"Lucky? He'll be looking for us. He knows this land better than we do," Mr Smee said.

"And might I remind you brother, he is trying to get rid of me?" Giselle said.

"Mr Smee, are you not a connoisseur of rare and valuable objects? If we return the boy to him, it could be the very key to our survival in Neverland. And sister, once again, I will not let anything happen to you," Captain Hook said.

Below deck, Baelfire had woken up and he looked around, "Where's that woman gone?" Baelfire questioned.

The door opened, "Ahoy there. Aren't you lucky to be alive?" Captain Hook said as he walked inside.

"Lucky? I'm a prisoner of pirates in a land cursed with magic," Baelfire said.

"Well, most children think they're found paradise when they lay their eyes on Neverland's magic. Why else leave home in the first place?" Captain Hook asked.

"I came so a family I loved could live," Baelfire said.

"Well, aren't you quite the hero?" Captain Hook said.

"Don't be horrible, brother, he's just a kid," Giselle said as she walked in.

"What would you know about that? Pirate," Baelfire said.

"A pirate saved your scrawny bones from the curse of the mermaids," Captain Hook said.

"You did nothing, I ordered the rescue," Giselle said.

"Okay, I allowed the pirate to save you," Captain Hook corrected himself.

"Idiot," Giselle said.

"A pirate killed my mother and tore apart my family," Baelfire said.

"What about your father?" Captain Hook asked.