Chapter 28

Storybrooke...

Cora, Regina and Captain Hook were at the town library, Regina scanned the shelves of books for the number on the paper she had found in Belle's bag.

"Shouldn't we be pillaging his shop or ransacking his home?" Captain Hook asked.

"That would be the obvious choice, yes. But Gold he wouldn't risk crossing the town line and losing his memories without entrusting the dagger's location to someone," Cora said.

"Belle," Captain Hook said.

"My guess is she hid it in one of her beloved books," Regina said.

"Impressive, Regina," Cora said as she walked up to her daughter.

"I'll be impressed when I'm holding the dagger in my hand," Captain Hook said.

Regina found the correct spot but there wasn't a book, it was just an empty space, "No, it should be here," Regina said.

"Well, it's not, is it? May we go now?" Captain Hook asked.

"Hold on," Cora took out a folded piece of paper from the space between the books, "What's this?" She asked as she unfolded the paper.

Captain Hook walked up and they all looked at the paper, seeing a scribble, "Oh, yes. Crude. To the untrained eye, a child's scribbles, but to a pirate... It's a map. Gold and Del may not have hidden the dagger here, but I believe they left us the next best thing, its location," Captain Hook said.

"Can you read it?" Cora asked.

"Well, lucky for you ladies, I'm quite adept at finding buried treasure," Captain Hook said.

At the Charming loft, Giselle, Jefferson, Mary Margaret and David were talking and she told him about her phone call with Emma.

"So Rumpelstiltskin is Henry's grandfather?" David asked.

"Apparently," Mary Margaret said.

"But I'm his grandfather," David said.

Jefferson looked at him, "You can have more than one," He reminded him.

"So his... Step-grandmother is Regina, the Evil Queen," David said.

"Actually, his step-great-grandmother. And she's also his adoptive mother," Mary Margaret said.

"It's a good thing we don't have Thanksgiving in our land, cause that dinner would suck," David said.

"Depends on your point of view," Jefferson said.

"Or, maybe this will mellow everyone out," Mary Margaret said.

"Maybe yeah," David said.

"Oh and Emma said something odd about Rose," Mary Margaret said.

"What?" Jefferson asked.

"She asked if I knew if she loved me and that she loves me... Is everything okay? I'm starting to worry," Mary Margaret said.

"It's not my secret to tell," Jefferson said.

New York...

Still in the lobby of the apartment building Mr Gold was frantically pressing buttons on the intercom.

"Papa, wait. What are you doing?" Rose Red asked.

Someone responded to the buzzes and unlocked the front door, "I'm finding my son," Mr Gold said and walked ahead of them and they all followed him.

"What? Seriously?" Rose Red said.

"Yes, dear," Mr Gold said.

"He's gone, Gold," Emma said.