Eight

Cassandra's POV

"Oh god!" I gasp left my lips when I looked around myself as the smoke disappeared.

I was standing in a large room full of books, wands and potions. There was a big desk on which a map was placed with a few markings. Everything looked so old and classy.

"I told you thousands of times not to do that trick!" Darius glared at Gideon who just chuckled and shrugged.

"Back to the work, people." He said in a sing-song way. "So, she's evolving you say?" I turned at them.

"I think so." Darius scratched his neck, looking at me.

"Hmm. Cassandra, when was the last time you were in heat?" Gideon asked and I can't believe myself but I blushed. My face turned hot red.

"Four months ago." I said, clearing my throat.

"And what did you do?"

"I nearly drowned in the swimming pool of the hotel I was staying in." I said, huffing as both of them looked at me, eyes widened. "Stop asking such questions."

"You can take a look around this place while he and I talk." Gideon said before pulling out some book from the top shelf.

I roamed around the place. Everything was so dusty, mostly the books. I saw a familiar picture on one of the books and pulled it down. It was the church from Alora.

It was a really big book and I have no interest in reading so I took the book to Gideon.

"What is this?" I asked him. He looked at it.

"It's the legend of Alora."

"Tell me." I said. He nodded and opened the door, showing me a picture of a man and a woman holding hands.

"He is the brother of our King's great, great grandfather, Jarvis and this woman is his mate. Or was his mate." He cleared his throat. "Back when Jarvis was the King of werewolves, he found his mate while walking through the woods. His mate happened to be the Omega of a pack. They didn't mind the difference between their positions and fell in love.

Soon, people found out about their relationship but didn't accept it and rumours spread that the Omega was lying about being King's mate. They tried to kill her but Jarvis would save her everytime. An year or two later, they decided to get married in the church of Alora. While taking their vows, the Omega was shot in the chest with a silver arrow and died. Jarvis couldn't handle her loss and killed himself as well."

As he finished, none of us spoke anything.

"Their spirits still lay there in the church. Many people also say that, every pure spirit lies in the broken church. Some of the werewolves risk their lives by stepping into the Alora and going into that church just to find some guidance from the legends." He added.

"Is this true?" I asked, softly. He nodded.

"Yes. My father went there went my mom died. He claims he had found mom's spirit and he talked to her that night." Gideon said, smiling.

"Or maybe it's just people hallucinating." Darius rolled his eyes. I glared at him and elbowed him in the ribs. He winced and narrowed his gaze on me. "What was that for?"

"Did anyone ask you for your opinion? Shut your mouth." I rolled my eyes and walked away from there. I stopped at the book shelf again and pulled out another book. This book was about werewolves itself.

I flipped through the pages, reading small small points.

Colour of the hair of human form is the colour of the fur of wolf form.

Flips. Flips.

If a werewolf gets pregnant in wolf form, it cannot shift back into its human form until the delivery.

I didn't know this one...

Flips. Flips. More flips.

A werewolf heals faster in moonlight.

More flips.

..her blood can be used in making of hybrids or for immortality.

Fli- what?

I looked at the title of the page.

'The White Luna'

Under it was a picture of a she-wolf having white fur and blueish pinkish eyes.

Some of strong werewolves that have been tolerating a lot through their life are given a special gift from the Moon Goddess. The power of evolving.

Evolving is like changing into a different version of yourself. A version that is stronger and wiser and thinks of every single possibilities that might happen because of their words or actions.

A White Luna is a powerful werewolf, product of two broken souls and carries a part of Goddess Selene in her. There can be only one White Luna in a hundred and two years.

If a she-werewolf evolves into a White Luna, it becomes her responsibility to take care of people under her wing.

But like every coin has two side, every boon comes with a curse.

White Luna's blood can be used in making of hybrids or for immortality and for this, people can go far from killing to draining all the blood from the Luna's body.

A White Luna can not be branded into a pack for any reason but yes, it can be marked by its mate.

"Cassey!" Darius yelled, startling me and snapping me out of my trance. "I called your name like a thousand times. Are you okay?" He asked, concerned.

"Y-yeah." I said, shakily as my head started figuring things out. I placed the book down and looked at him.

"Sure?" He asked and I nodded.

"Did you guys find anything?" I asked, looking at Gideon. He raised his eyebrow at me as if he knew what's going in my head.

"Yes, Luna-"

"Why do you keep calling me that?" I asked, feeling angered.

"What? Luna?"

"Stop calling me that!"

"Why, Luna?"

"Just stop!!"

"Cass!" Darius's yelled, pulling me back. "What are you doing?" He asked, softly. I sighed, running a hand through my hair.

Colour of the hair of human form is the colour of the fur of wolf form.

My hair are turning white. White hair means white fur. White fur means White Luna-

NO!!

"Darius, isn't she your mate? I thought she was your mate." Gideon said a moment later.

I stopped all my moments.

"No, she isn't." Darius said.

"Well, everything has a time. Maybe there's a time for you to feel the bond too." Gideon smiled as is assuring me about that.