Thirteen

Cassandra's POV

I was holding onto Darius's as we walked. Every now and then, my bones would shift and snap and truth to be told, it hurt like a bitch.

"Ah, fuck!" I growled as another bone shifted in my ankle.

"Cass." Darius looks at me with worrisome eyes.

"I'm fine." I tried to lie. "Fuck no, I'm not." I gritted out.

"We are here." Gideon announced, looking at me with concern as well.

There was a cave actually but it's entrance was covered with a huge rock. I could see Darius's pack warriors around the cave with their weapons.

"Help me, Darius." Gideon said and he moved to the huge rock. Darius followed and they both managed to move it out of the way. Darius rushed to my side the very next second and helped me inside the cave.

There was a small opening at the roof of the cave and it allowed the moonlight to pass. Now I know why they chose such place.

There were weird writings on the walls of the cave and it looked a bit scary.

I sighed as I leaned against the wall in the farthest corner of the cave. Darius kneeled in front of me as well.

"How do you feel?" He asked, softly, cupping my face and examining me.

"Like I have been hit with a bulldozer." I huffed. He chuckled with a pained smile. "Help me with it." I said, pointing at the huge sweater I was wearing over my tank top and shorts. He nodded and got rid of the sweater for me.

"I-" I started but got cut off with a wince when another bone snapped.

"You're gonna be fine." He whispered, cupping my face. He brushed my hair away before pressing his lips to my forehead.

I believe him.

The moonlight shone over me through the small opening the roof. Darius took a slight step back and Gideon and showed up.

"It's better if we give her the space she needs." He said to him.

"Leave her here alone? Are you kidding me-"

My bones snapped and shifted. I couldn't help but scream out in pain.

"Darius. We need to leave." Gideon said.

I could see my hand form a claw and feet change and the fabric I was wearing began to rip.

"L-leave Darius." I groaned out. He finally snapped out of his daze and nodded, hesitantly before turning and leaving with Gideon.

He spared me one last glance before the rock on the entrance of the cave closed.

__

Darius's POV

I stepped out of the cave with a heavy heart. I didn't want to leave her. I wanted to be with her at the moment when she was in pain.

"She'll be fine." Gideon said, placing a hand on my shoulder.

"I hope so too." I whispered.

"So, what lie did you tell your pack that they agreed to come here?" He asked, trying to change the mood.

"I-" I started but got cut off when I heard Cassandra's muffled screaming. I gulped. "I told them there is a possibility of a rogue attack on our pack."

"That's nice." He nodded. "Darius..." He said, narrowing his eyes on something in distance. "Is...is that a vampire I see?"

I turned around and saw red eyes glowing in the dark. As the figure came closer, his eyes faded and in front of me was Zane.

"Zane." I frowned.

"Shit. Something's wrong. I can't feel my fangs or my strength." He said, frowning and looking at himself.

"Welcome to the boat, amigo." Gideon chuckled.

"What?" Zane furrowed his eyebrows.

"Anyways, what are you doing here?" I asked. He rolled his eyes.

"The King, the Vampire King, heard about a she-wolf that has powers to create hybrids. He sent me and a few other vampires to search for her." He huffed. Gideon and I tensed.

Cassandra screamed again.

"Who's there?" Zane asked, walking towards the cave. I stopped him with a hand on his chest.

"No-"

"My sister." Gideon cut me off. "It's her first time shifting."

"But, aren't you a witch?" He frowned.

"Wizard." Gideon corrected. "And yeah, she's my step sister."

"Oh." He mumbled. "I guess I should go now." He said.

"Zane." I stopped him. He turned around. "Thank you for what you did for me in Alora. And don't tell anyone about our location right now."

"Sure." He left.

The screams became a little too loud and my heart ached.

"Gideon, I think I should go in." I told him. He rolled his eyes.

"You're just gonna worsen the situation with your human form and no power. She will probably kill you and loose control."

"But still..." All of a sudden, my heart started beating rapidly. There was a familiar scent in the air. All my senses were on alert even though I was in my human form.

I looked at Gideon and he just smirked as if he knew all along.

Mate.

I had never felt this excited in my entire 26 years of living.

Somewhere in my heart, I knew that she was the one for me all along. I think we both were being a bit childish by not accepting the truth and constantly arguing.

All the screams came to a stop. I turned to him and he nodded. We moved the rock again and I stepped inside.

I saw a gorgeous white wolf with purple eyes in front of me. As I took a step forward, it jumped on me and it was all darkness.

__

Cassandra's POV

I survived this night. I was fully shifted into my new wolf. My new self. White Luna.

Weird thing was, I couldn't control my movements. It was as if somebody else was controlling my wolf form.

The rock moved and Darius stepped in. A smile formed onto my face but my wolf seemed to have other plans. She jumped onto him, knocking him down and didn't miss a beat in digging her fangs into his neck on a specific point.

She bit him.

Or should I say, marked him.