Nineteen

Cassandra's POV

"What the f—" I heard Darius clear his throat. "My King." He said in honour.

"Alpha Darius." We pulled back as he smiled at him.

"Uh... what's going on?" Darius asked, his eyes flickering between me and Jared.

"Nothing. We were just catching up." He said, looking at me before clearing his throat. "Now, if you'll excuse me." He walked out, throwing me a smile.

"I almost thought I was dreaming when I saw that." Darius chuckled, wrapping arm around my waist, pulling me close.

I laughed and slapped his arm, lightly before leaning my head on his shoulder.

"So, you're good?"

"We are." I smiled.

"Let's go. We got work to do." He walked to our room.

"Work?"

"Gideon is still missing. We need to find him before something bad happens to him."

Before leaving to look for Gideon, we went back to our room and dyed my hair black for safety reasons.

The door to Gideon's place opened making a loud creak sound. Darius and I both stepped inside.

There was no scent in the air. No sign of force entry and no sign of someone stepping out.

"I've looked around." Darius said. "Found nothing."

"You are letting your disappointment hold you back from thinking clearly." I said to him. "We are gonna find him."

He nodded. "When you came here to look for Gideon, was the door unlocked?" I asked him.

"Yes. He always keeps it unlocked." He answered. "There is no scent in the air. Even if the kidnappers took Gideon out the door, it would be impossible to hide so much scent."

"That's true." I nodded. "How old is this building?" I asked, looking around through the books.

"About a thousand years."

I looked up. "Every old monuments and houses have secret passageways. That means,"

"Whoever kidnapped Gideon must have made it out by that way!" He completed the sentence, his eyes twinkling. "Damn, Cassey!"

"Exactly. We just need to find that way."

______________________________

Gideon's POV

I heard some tearing of pages and my eyes opened. To my surprise, there was no Jasper in the air and I was able to breathe properly. There was a little light in there too and I could see clearly. But the hybrid was sitting in the farthest corner in the dark and all I could see of him was a dark shadow.

He was the one who was tearing pages of some book.

"Such shit! All lies! Fucking lies!!" he was yelling.

"Hey..." I called him out.

"What!?" He screamed.

"I...need to go to the restroom." I groaned. There were cuffs in my ankles, tied real tight.

"Pee in your pants, I don't fucking care!"

"Please." I begged, closing my eyes. A moment later, I heard footsteps coming towards me. I felt a touch on my foot, sending shivers throughout my body but not necessarily in a bad way.

I opened my eyes and saw the hybrid in front of me with his head down as he un-cuffed my ankles.

He then looked up and just stared at me, both of us not blinking. He then frowned and leaned in close, staring deep into my eyes.

"You aren't scared of this face?" He asked. I shook my head.

"There's nothing to be scared of." I said. "Unless you are talking about the stupid stunts you have pulled." I rolled my eyes and looked away, gulping.

"Get up." He said and pulled me up, roughly, making me wince. He looked at my ankle before taking me to the washroom, this time, quite gently.

He opened the door for me and closed it behind me. I did my business and flushed. I just stood there for sometime, praying the Moon Goddess to help me, save me before stepping out.

Suddenly, I found myself pinned to the wall. His face was too close to mine and he smirked in a very evil manner.

He trailed his finger from my temple to my jaw, making me gulp.

"You are really pretty, you know." He whispered and the next thing I know, his lips and on mine. Not even giving me a second to react, he pulled back and glared at me. "Too bad your playing against me." He stepped back.

"Playing? This isn't a game! You are playing with lives of innocent people." I glared at him.

"So, wasn't mine! My life, wasn't a game! I was played too. All because of a stupid blood sucking bitch!" He screamed. "My mate fucking rejected me because of this face! It's all her fault! I'm gonna get my revenge!"

"Look..." Whatever your name is. "Just because something bad happened to you, it doesn't mean you should go around doing the same to other innocent people."

"Shut up!" He screamed and pushed me inside the room, locking the door and storming off.

Groaning, I got up to my feet and walked to where he was sitting earlier. I picked up the pages and realised it were from the book of Alora's church legend.

It's not true? Then what's the truth?

__________________________

Cassandra's POV

My ears perked up as I heard some part of the floor creak. Darius slowly looked at me with a nod, taking a step back and making the floor creak again.

"I think I found it." Darius said, clearing his throat. 

I removed carpet below my feet and there indeed was a door hidden under.

We opened the door and were greeted by Gideon's smell.

"This is the way." I said, looking at the stairs that went down the dark passage.

"Lets follow it." He said and I nodded. He stepped down first and I followed him.

For an hour, we walked through the passage until with reached a door above us. Darius opened it and we were on the ground near a road.

My eyes widened as I recognised the road.

"We are in the human world, Darius." I said, looking at him. He frowned looking around and nodded.

"You are right."

"And, and I recognise the road. It's where an old man dropped me saying Alora is three miles away from here." I tell him.

"The passages leads to the human world and Alora is the nearest place around. So, Gideon must be in..."

"Alora."