Forty One

Cassandra's POV

I woke up, soaked up in my mate's warmth. I felt well rested but didn't want to get out of the bed.

"Morning." I felt him kiss my head. I responded with a slight hum, shifting towards him and cuddling him.

I don't know if it's just me or both of us but ever since I got back from the Prisoners Realm, I've been clinging to Darius like I don't ever wanna let go.

And I really don't.

The knock on the door made me pull back and look at it. Darius got up, tugging his pants up before getting the door.

The Omega came in with food trays and left with a bow.

Darius set the trays on the bed, in front of me and kissed me on the lips sweetly before sitting beside me with an apple and a knife.

"Did you talk with Victoria?" I asked him, grabbing a bite.

"Don't take another woman's name in our bed, especially while having breakfast in bed." He scrunched up his nose in disgust, which I found adorable, and fed me a slice of the apple he was cutting.

"Well," I gulped down the bite. "Did you?"

"I am going to." He said, putting another slice in my mouth.

"I'll send out a search party for dad while you do that." I said, chewing and he nodded.

"Okay. If that fails, let Gideon find him." He said with a hum.

After we had eaten, I was about to get into the shower when I was pulled aside by him.

"I love you." He mumbled against my cheek, followed by three pecks on my head.

"I love you too." I smiled, turning in his arms.

"Alright." He chuckled, pecking my lips. "Gotta go."

___________________________________

"You all will go to Alora." I said to the group of men on my left and then turn to my right. "You all in the human world. And rest will question everyone who was at the party about King Jared."

"Yes, Luna!" They all said and departed immediately.

"Luna." I turned around at the familiar voice and saw Darius leaning against the wall in the corner.

Something about him calling me Luna was different than others. I felt my cheeks heat up as I smiled at him. He pushed himself off the wall and walked towards me.

"Yes, Alpha Darius. How can I help you?"

"You can help me by accompanying me to visit Victoria..." He stood right in front of me and smirked, trailing his hand down my arms till my fingers and interlocking them. "Or..."

"Or?" I whispered, biting my lip as I looked at him, squeezing his hand back as he slowly pulled them above my head, stepping closer to me.

"Or—"

"Ew, guys! Not in the hallway!" Ella shrieked and giggled.

Before I could say something, she was already running away. Darius laughed, his chest vibrating against me as he did. I smiled at his beautiful face, dropping my hands around his neck, rubbing the back of it.

"Let's go. We've got work to do." He said, pulling back. I nodded, grabbing his hand and walking towards Victoria's cell with him.

She was still in the cells because Jarvis suggested it's better this way or she would cause us trouble.

"Alpha Darius! Luna Michaelson!" The guards at the dungeons bowed immediately. We gave them a firm nod before stepping in and walking ahead.

"I'll wait outside while you talk. Mind-link me if you need something." I tell him.

"Yes." He pecked my cheek when we were near the cell, where I stopped and he moved forward.

I would still be able to hear their conversation, though.

"Victoria." Darius called.

"Darius!" Her voice sounded so eager. "Are you here to get me out? It's your mate that put me in! I didn't do anything wrong!"

"Well, you endangered lives of the pups of our pack so that's far from anything wrong." I could practically see him roll his eyes. "Anyways, we are getting you out on one condition."

"What is that?" Her tone changed. She sounded high on alert and scared.

"We need your body. To say in short: Gideon will use his magic on you to store in a soul of someone I know, temporarily. And after that, I promise you to take you back in my pack if you promise to not do what you did before."

"Okay." She breathed out in relief. "Can I ask something?"

"Yes. Ask away." He voice sounded so drained.

"When will you leave Cassandra?" She whined. "Please, I just want one chance with you—"

"Never." He cut her off, probably with a glare. "And if you try to cause problems between us or to our pack, it won't end well for you, Victoria."

"I understand." She mumbled.

The door opened and Darius stepped out.

"Can we trust her?" I asked, wrapping my hands on my chest.

"Probably not. We just have to be cautious with her."

I nodded in approval and stepped out of the dungeons.

We stopped by Travis on our way.

"Get Victoria out, let her go home and rest but, keep an eye on her. If she sees or meets someone we do not know, I want you to report to me." I said to him.

"Yes, Luna!"

"Vampire intruding! Approaching the castle! At the door—"

"Alpha Darius! I need to see Alpha Darius." Said a unfamiliar voice between pants.

Darius and I rushed outside where our warriors were now surrounding a vampire.

"That's me." Darius said, frowning at him. "What do you want?"

"Zane... He told us about you. He told us you don't believe in vampire-werewolf war. We need help." He said, dropping to his knees.

Darius raised his hand and all the warriors stepped back, dropping their weapons.

"What happened?" He asked softly.

"The King, Edmund found out about we were betraying him. He is trying to kill us all. Our group got dispersed due to it and now... I just..." He broke down, sobbing.

My eyes softened. "Back to your positions, everyone." I said to the warriors.

"It's...it's someone named Josephine. She informed the King about the betrayal. She...she caught Zane when he was sending you that message through the wolf and..." He shakily breathed.

"Where's Zane?" Darius asked, kneeling.

A tear rolled down the vampire's cheek as he looked at Darius.

"D-dead."