Forty

Darius's POV

"Wait, wait, wait wait." Gideon stopped suddenly, looking around.

"What?" I said, tiredly. Leon and Calliope were kind enough to let us stay for a few more days and we were about to leave for our castle now.

"Are you okay?" Jarvis frowned at him, taking a step ahead.

"No, stop!" Gideon said, holding his hand up. "Make some space. Move, move, move." He pulled out his wand, all while looking at his wrist.

And then, his palm lines glowed red and he pressed the hand to the ground, mumbling something and then tapping the place with his wand.

He stepped back, quickly and...

My jaw dropped. My heart fluttered and broke at the same time.

Out of thin air, Cassandra appeared, laying lifelessly on the ground with silver chains around her wrists.

"Cassey..." I whispered, slowly walking towards her, tears forming in my eyes.

"Luna!" Gideon and Jarvis gasped.

She slowly turned on her back and smiled at me. "I'm here."

"You're here." I whispered, getting on my knees and scooping her in my arms.

Gideon removed the chains from her wrists. She wrapped her arms around my neck, crying and laughing at the same time, face buried in my neck.

She squeezed me tight, mumbling sweet nothing's in my ear as I sobbed on her shoulder.

She pulled back, caressing my face with her thumbs, looking at me with teary eyes and chuckled. "Hey."

"I missed you so much." I whispered, caressing her jaw. I kissed all over her face. "You're okay." I said, my lips against her forehead.

"I'm okay." She nodded, leaning and kissing my cheek. "We are okay."

I pressed my head against hers, sighing with my eyes closed.

Thank you, Moon Goddess.

"I love you, Cassey. I love you, so, so, so much." I whispered against her lips.

"I love you too, Darius." She smiled, pressing her lips against me. "I love you." She whispered and kissed me again. I kissed her back, holding her close to me.

The kiss seemed like a promise. A promise to never leave the other. And it was so full of love.

"Luna." Gideon whispered, crying. Cassandra got up, chuckling and pulled him in a hug. I smiled at them.

"Thank you, Gideon." She said to him and looked at Jarvis. He gave her a firm nod and she nodded back with a smile.

"I'm sure you are a good person but I need your ID and reason of visit." A familiar voice said.

Calliope was standing beside me, looking at Cassandra with a slight smile.

"And, I love your hair, by the way." She added.

Cassandra turned to her.

"Cassandra Michaelson, the White Luna."

________________________________________

Leon and Calliope alloted us chambers to sleep in for the night. After Cassandra had showered, we didn't leave each other's side for the rest of the day.

I finally fell asleep with my hand around her as she slept on my chest. I was feeling a little too protective of her now.

"Darius." I heard her mumble against my chest, drawing patterns on my torso with her fingers.

"Hmm?" I hummed, indicating I was listening.

"My mom is alive. I met her." She looked up at me with a painful smile. "She is still in that body. The Blood Queen is consuming blood to suppress my mom's soul."

I pressed her closer to me, kissing her forehead, lingering my lips there for a while before sighing. "We will save her."

"Yes." She smiled and hugged me, laying on top of me with her knees on either side of me.

"I was..." I swallowed. She looked up, peeking from under her lashes. "I was so scared when you were gone."

She cupped my face with one hand and leaned up to kiss my lips, sweetly.

"I don't ever want to let you go, now." I wrapped my arms around her waist, holding her to me, closer.

"You won't have to. I promise." She said, caressing my cheek. I sighed, nodding and kissing her head before burying my face her neck.

The knock on the door snapped us out of our little safe bubble. Judging by the scent, I was Gideon and Jarvis. Cassandra got off my lap and sat beside me.

"Come in." I said.

The door opened and both of them entered, carrying soft smiles as they looked at Cassandra.

Gideon stepped towards her, pulling her in a hug.

"Luna..." He sighed. "I'm so happy to see you." She hugged him back.

"It's because of you I came back, though." She smiled. "Thank you, Gideon." He nodded stepping back and chuckling softly. She looked at Jarvis and gave him a acknowledging nod which he returned.

Both of them took their seats and Cassandra started telling them about Josephine's soul in the body.

"It's okay. We can save her." Gideon nodded, assuring her. "We have the permission from the Higher Class Witches to open up the other side and I have been practising the soul shifting spells."

"How will we find the Blood Queen though?" Jarvis asked.

"We won't have to. She'll come back for Cassandra. We just have to be prepared all the time." I said.

"There's one problem." Gideon winced. "We have to find a body to shift Josephine's soul temporarily. In case, we have to attack the body, she might die."

"Who's body are we talking about?" Jarvis asked.

We all lost in deep thought, trying to think of someone who would agree to do this.

"You can take mine." Jarvis offered but Gideon shook his head.

"No, you are half vampire and vampires are dead. A alive soul will not survive in your body. Plus, we might need you in helping Luna if trouble is caused."

Cassandra perked up. "I know who."

"Who?"

"Victoria."

"She might not agree. She hates you." Gideon grimaced.

"She'll agree if Darius approaches her though." Jarvis smirked. "I bet she is still obsessed with you."

Cassandra looked at me and I gulped, nodding.

"I'll ask."

The next morning, we bid our goodbyes with Leon and Calliope.

"Do not hesitate for asking help if you need." Calliope said, looking at me and Cassandra. She smiled and nodded.

"Of course." They hugged for a while.

"Alpha Darius." Leon called. I looked him. "I had a proposal for you. Please, hand this over to your King, Jared." He handed me a scroll. "And if...that's not possible, I hope you'll look through it and make your decision."

"Yes, your highness." I said with a bow.

He gave me a nod of approval with a kind smile.

We finally walked out of the castle and I breathed out heavily, smiling and looking at Cassandra.

Gideon stepped forwards and opened up the portal with his powers.

I wrapped arm around Cassandra's waist and she smiled up at me.

"Let's go home."