Twenty Nine

Darius's POV

I was speechless when I saw Josephine Michaelson standing right in front of me. She didn't look a day older than the last time I had seen her.

She looks mostly like Cassandra. The jet black hair that Cassandra used to have are gained from her only. Their blue eyes match as well.

What made me question was her presence. How was she here? I thought she had passed away in the fire.

What the hell is happening around me!?

"Cassandra." Josephine smiled, her voice sending shivers down my spine. She opened her arms towards Cassey and if course she jumped right into her arms, sobbing.

"M-Mom." Cassandra stuttered, hugging Josephine tight. "I-I c-can't... w-what..oh my goddess! You're here."

"I'm here, honey." She said, hugging her tight as well. Pulling back, she kissed her forehead, her hand trailing towards her hair. "You've grown so beautiful, sweetheart. I'm so proud of you."

Something's wrong here. I can feel it in my gut and my wolf agrees with me. But then again, maybe it's just my protectiveness against Cassandra.

As they pulled back, Cassandra giggled through her tears before wiping them and smiling brightly at her mom.

"Now, Darius, you wouldn't mind giving us some mother-daughter time, would you?" Josephine smiled at me.

I knew it couldn't be but still, there was a little hope in me.

"Is Davien...?" I asked, my voice trailing off. Cassandra's eyes softened as she gave me a pained smile, looking at her mother again. Josephine just pulled me in a hug and patted my back.

"I'm sorry, sweetheart."
__

I stepped inside the house and immediately regretted when I saw a wizard and a hybrid making out on a table.

"Holy-!" I groaned. Their eyes snapped at me. Gideon looked embarrassed while Jarvis looked mad.

"Hey. What are you doing here?" Gideon asked, climbing off the table.

"There's a thing called knocking, you know." Jarvis rolled his eyes. I huffed and grabbed a chair, sitting down.

I don't know what I am feeling. I've never felt this way before. Too many emotions at once are messing my head. And I've never been the one to not control myself.

"Dads!!!" Someone squealed and ran out of a room, hugging both, Gideon's and Jarvis's leg.

Amused, I looked at the three of them. Gideon smiled at little girl- Annette and picked her up, kissing her head.

"Dads?" I raised my eyebrow.

"We've decided to adopt this little witch and raise her." Jarvis smiled, ruffling her hair as she giggled.

"Hello, Alpha Darius." She politely waved. I smiled at her and Gideon.

"That's really great. I'm happy for you. Both of you." I genuinely was. I have never seen Gideon this happy before.

Gideon then smiled and said something to Jarvis. Nodding his head, Jarvis kissed his forehead, taking Annette from his hands and walking somewhere else.

"Now, tell me. What's wrong?" He asked, taking seat across me.

"Josephine is alive and she met Cassandra." I said. His eyes widened in surprise and shock.

"W-what? How? You said she passed away in that fire."

"I know. I guess I was wrong." I mumbled.

"What about Alpha Davien?" He asked, seeming as hopeful as I was. I didn't say anything and he got his answer. His eyes softened as he looked at me. "How's Cassandra?"

"She's...happy. Her mom is back, why wouldn't she?" I shrugged. "I guess...I feel jealous."

"Jealous?" He raised his eyebrow.

"Yeah. Moon Goddess gave her her mother but didn't give me my brother." He smiled softly before placing his hand on my shoulder.

"It wasn't the Goddess who took your brother to give him back to you." He rubbed my back, comforting me. "Don't worry. Davien is in a better place."

I got up straight and looked at him.

"And yeah, I need herbs."

"Herbs?"

_

"And I'm telling you Goddess Selene, you were unjust! You were unfair! You did wrong by taking my brother away from me!"

I don't even know half of the things I'm saying right now. The vision was blurry. I don't know if it was because of the tears or the herbs I put in my beer to get drunk, purposefully.

Sitting on the dirty ground next to Davien's grave, I was crying for the first time in what felt like forever. I had never been here. Never had the courage to.

It hurt. Everything hurt.

"It should've been me. Not him." I mumbled before taking another sip. I looked at the gravestone before looking ahead. "I probably never said this but...I-I miss you, brother. And I love you even though you were a pain in the butt." I laughed at myself but stopped. "I'm sorry. I'm so fucking sorry." And I was a sobbing mess yet again.

Sighing, I rested my head on the gravestone, listening to the cold silence.

"D-Darius...?" My head snapped up and I was looking at my mate. She looked like an angel in her white dress. Her eyes had tears too as she looked at me.

She got on her knees, wrapping her hands around my neck, pulling me to her chest. I too wrapped my arms around her waist, crying into her shoulder.

"I'm sorry." She whispered, kissing my head.

"It hurts, Cass." I tell her. She nodded her head. "Everything hurts."

"I know, baby. I know." She pulled my head to her, kissing my forehead, caressing my cheek as she rested our foreheads together. "I love you, Darius." I nodded as she wiped my tears.

"Do not leave me." I mumbled, cupping her face, running my thumbs over her cheekbones.

"Never." She shook her head before wrapping her hands around my neck and burying her face in my neck. I did the same hiding my face in her shoulder.

Her dress was probably soaked with my tears but she didn't seem to care about it.

She cares about me.

She loves me.

I kissed the side of her head before whispering, "I love you," in her ear.