Fourteen

Darius's POV

I groaned as I tried to wake up, cradling my head.

"Is he dead?" Cassandra's voice asked.

"You don't die from getting marked, Luna. In case of humans, you can but not when you're a werewolf."

"Then why isn't he waking up?"

"Maybe the mark was a lot to take in."

"Is it my fault?"

"Of course not."

"Right. It is my Wolf's fault, isn't it?"

"That's...not what I meant."

"Oh wait, I think he is waking up."

I opened my eyes and was met with the roof of my room. For some reason, my whole body was aching, mostly my neck.

I sat up straight and saw Gideon and Cassandra sitting beside the bed. Gideon was smirking while Cassandra looked embarrassed. I frowned. None of them said anything and I walked towards mirror.

My eyes went wide when I saw a tribal mark on my neck. It wasn't a normal mark. It was a mark from mate. My mate.

"Cassey..." I whispered and trailed off.

'This is awkward. So freaking awkward. Why didn't my wolf listen to me? Why did she had to jump on him without my agreement?'

I heard her thoughts. Perks of being marked.

"Cass." I called her with smile. She gulped and looked at me, trying to seem confident. "It doesn't have to be awkward." I told her. Her eyes go wide for a second before she nods. "Let's take baby steps, yeah?"

"Baby steps." She nodded.

__

"I have found my mate." Connor said as soon as he barged inside my room.

"Really?" I smiled.

"Her name is Ella." A smile formed on his face as he took her name. "I met her at the yard about a few weeks ago."

"Weeks?"

"Yeah. You know the legend of Alora's church right? She was thinking she could get killed for being my mate." He chuckled.

"What did you do?"

"I convinced her. And I think the rogue girl played a little part in it too." He smiled. He then shook his head. "Anyways, so rumour has it that, this century's White Luna is alive. The hunters, rogues and even vampires are after her."

I tensed. "Your point?"

"I think, if we find her and talk to her, we can give her the protection in our castle and probably save her from the world." He suggested. I nodded.

"Let's see."

"Wait, is that a mark? You got marked!?" He exclaimed. I chuckled.

"I did, didn't I?"

'Alpha Darius! There a pack of rogues on the entrance of castle.'

I looked at Connor and nodded.

"Let's go."

We both shifted into our wolves and rushed to the gates.

When we reached at the gates, there was not even a single rogue present. I growled at my warriors.

'Did you think it was funny to lie to me?'

'No, Alpha. They all ran away as soon as I mind-linked you.' one of them said. I groaned and rushed back inside, shifting into my human formed and putting on some clothes.

There was a knock on my door. Connor opened the door and Ella stepped in, looking really worried.

"What's wrong?" Connor asked her, softly.

"T-there's voices coming out of Ms Cassandra's room. There's lot of y-yelling too. I'm scared." She teared up. Connor pulled her into his arms quickly, assuring her everything will be fine.

I ran to our room and kicked the door open. Cassandra was behind a dark figure and she broke his neck in a beat.

"Cass." I ran towards her and cupped her face. There was little splash of blood on her cheek and there was long cut on her forearm that was burning.

"Scratched by a silver dagger." She said, wincing slightly.

The whole room looked like an earthquake just happened. The bed was flipped over. The lamp was broken down and so was the chair. The closet too was thrown on the ground.

I bend down to the dead body and removed the mask that was covering his face.

"A vampire." Cassandra said in disgust.

"Yeah-" his eyes suddenly opened again and he grabbed my neck. I broke the leg of the wooden table beside me and stabbed it through his heart.

"Are you okay?" Cassandra asked, kneeling next to me.

"I'm," I cleared my throat, "fine. Let me take you to the healer." I grabbed her hand and pulled her out of the room.

We got to the healer and had Cassandra checked. She got a bandage wrapped around her arm. Now, we have nowhere to go. Our room was all destroyed it would at least take three or four days to rearrange everything again.

"The King has requested Alpha Darius's and Ms Cassandra's presence in the throne room." An omega said, leaving immediately.

"Alright. Send someone to clean our room up."

"Yes, Alpha."

"Let's go." I tugged on Cassandra's hand. She sighed, looking down at the ground.

"I don't really want to." She mumbled.

I caressed her knuckles, making her look at me. "Let's just hear what he has to say."

"No. You go. It's fine." She smiled. My eyes softened as I nodded. I leaned down, kissing her temple.

"Be safe."

_________________________

"What is the thing I'm hearing, Alpha Darius?" The King furiously asked. "A vampire managed to get inside our castle? What were your guards doing when all this happened?"

"I'm really sorry, your highness." I gulped. "I got a message from my warriors saying they've seen a rogue outside the castle. So, I was the one who stepped off to look into that matter. It was my fault. I apologise for my carelessness."

"And Cassandra? Where is she? I heard she got attacked."

"She refused to see you, my King." I said, pausing to clear my throat as hurt flashed through his eyes. "And you need not worry about her. She's fine. Managed the situation on her own quite well. No damage has happened to the castle except for the room I'm in."

I turned around to leave but paused, thinking he deserved to know what was happening.

"My King..."