Twelve

Darius's POV

"Sorry to interrupt this-" we both jumped apart with a gasp, startled.

I was so, so, so close to kiss her. Of course Gideon had to ruin our moment.

"I believe we have some serious matters to discuss before going all sunshine and rainbows." He said, directing to me.

"What?" I asked.

Cassandra quietly slipped on to the bed while Gideon and I grabbed our chairs too.

I sighed and turned to him. "You have the worst timing in the whole world." I said, low enough that only he could hear me.

"Darius..." He sighed. I hummed. "The hunters and rogues found out about White Luna."

"W-what? How?" I asked, eyes going wide.

"I don't know. But the good thing is, they only know about the White Luna and not about who is the White Luna."

"Why do they even want her?" I frowned.

"Humans. Stupid and manipulative. They want immortality but we all know immortality is just a curse and not a boon." He sighed. "And rogues and vampires would want her for making hybrids."

Right. Her blood can give immortality and be used to make hybrids.

"So, what do we do? Position more guards around the castle?" I asked.

"You are not understanding, Darius. Full moon is tomorrow. And for a evolving wolf like my Luna, that experience is far more worse than shifting for the first time. She needs space to shift into her wolf. But if we give her space, there are chances that hunters or rogues would find out."

"Then what do we do, Gideon?" I asked him, worrying about Cassandra.

"I...I know a place." He stuttered. "It's a cave with enough space for moonlight to come in and Luna to shift."

"And what's the problem?" I asked, leaning further. He looked away before sighing.

"It's a sacred place formerly used for black magic. No supernatural powers can work there. Except for the Luna's shifting, of course. She's immune to the black magic spells since she practically carries a part of Goddess Selene with her." He sighed again.

"Your magic won't work too?" He nodded. "What if we get attacked or someone spots us?"

"That's the problem, Darius. This is why I'm not so sure about it." He flopped onto the bed with a heavy sigh.

I sighed, pinching the bridge of my nose.

The door opened with a loud bang and Connor stepped in, panting slightly.

"Hey." I frowned.

"Hey. Um...have you seen an Omega around here? She's a little young and well, pretty and she roams around with the rogue girl quite often." He chuckled, nervously.

"Ella, you mean?" I raised my eyebrow.

"Yeah."

"No, actually." I shrugged. "Something wrong?" I asked. He shook his head and walked out of the room.

"I'll go look for Ella too." Cassandra said, giving me a nod and leaving.

A moment later, I sighed and spoke up.

"You know what? Let's do this." I nodded. "It's just for a night, what could possibly go wrong?"

"We can get attacked by hunters in a place where we can't use our powers." He pointed out. I rolled my eyes.