Chapter 3

Ophelia relaxed in one of the chairs by the pool. Earbuds in her ears, shades on her face and arms behind her head. The evening sun showed itself in the sky, grinning down on Ophelia, kissing her beautiful skin.

A shadow casted over her form as a smile appeared on her lips. "How did you get in here, it's illegal to trespass on private property?" Ophelia heard a chuckle, causing her own grin to widen.

"Yet, I never get caught now do I?" Ophelia took off her sunglasses and looked up at Chloe who only grinned back down at her. "What are you doing here anyway?" Ophelia questions.

"Well I'm here to take you to the concert tonight." Chloe said. Ophelia tilted her head slightly as she knitted her eyebrows. "But I thought..." Chloe shook her head and replied, "This is a different concert. The Miseries." Chloe said, watching her friend's face light up at the mention of the name.

"Are you serious, Chlo?" Chloe nodded eagerly. "The Miseries! I'm gonna go see The Miseries!" Ophelia exclaimed, practically cheering and jumping up and down. She practically jumped into her bestie's arms.

"Jésus, Ophélie ! Tu vas te faire mal, (Jesus, Ophelia! You're gonna hurt yourself)," Chloe laughed, "We ain't got much time to chat. Because the concert is literally three hours away and you still need to get ready." "It shouldn't be a problem, Mom's doing whatever, Dad isn't home, and Sasha is....well Sasha."

Ophelia and Chloe walked up one of the many sets of stairs in the mansion and into her room. It didn't take long for Ophelia to get dressed but her hair was a whole different story. Chloe sighed as she watched Ophelia put her hair in various styles. "Pour l'amour de Dieu, (For the love of God), Ophelia hurry up!" Chloe demands growing more impatient by the minute.

"Girl shut up damn! I gotta make sure my hair is on point at all times." Ophelia replies, fixing her hair. "You have braids, just pick a cute and simple style so we can go." That sentence earned her a blank yet very serious gaze from Ophelia.

" That sentence earned her a blank yet very serious gaze from Ophelia

"Nevermind take your time." Chloe held up her hands as a sign of surrender and quickly looked away. Ophelia decided on a style. It was extra but it was simple. Braids down and some swept over her shoulder. "Okay, ready." Ophelia said.

As bad as Chloe wanted to say something about how long she took but she decided against it. She knew the last time she mentioned how long Ophelia took and ended up meeting the un-chill version of her.

At the entrance stood Fuschia. Judgemental and pure distaste could be seen on her face. Her hateful eyes traveled up and down Chloe's form. Internally, Fuschia was coming up with all the insults she could possibly muster. "Where are you two going? Especially dressed like whores." Fuschia questioned as her eyes glared at Chloe, who shifted from foot to foot under the older and bitter woman's scowl.

"Just to a concert." Ophelia spoke up. Fuschia scoffed,"Sure you're going to a concert. Who knows if there even is a concert." "But Mrs. Danvers there is a concert. The Miseries are playing in Downtown Hermes." Chloe explained. "I wasn't speaking to you, nuisance. Learn to shut your mouth when nobody is talking to you." Fuschia spat.

Venom was laced in her voice. Chloe looked down at her feet and twiddled her fingers.

"Mother, she's telling the truth." Ophelia says, "We really are gonna see a concert." "Sure there is. You must think I'm dumb. You're gonna be just like your worthless cousin Petunia! A spoiled brat who is nothing but a fast ass girl who only lied and ended up pregnant and working at McDonald's." Fuschia belittled, "A worthless nobody."

Tears appeared in Ophelia's eyes. Fuschia gave one last insult to her daughter before walking away. Ophelia sniffles and wipes her nose. "C'mon, let's go." Chloe guided her saddened friend out to her car.

Ophelia sat quietly in the passenger side of the car while Chloe hopped in the driver's side. She could still hear her sniffling beside her and it made her hurt even more.

"Don't listen to her. You're gonna be something better than her. I know it," Chloe assures, placing a hand on her shoulder. "I know it's just....I just don't understand what I did to her to make her look at me the way she does. Ophelia cries.

It was true, she never understood why. Ever since she was a preteen, her mother treated her like crap. Fuschia and Ophelia were more similar than she knew. Physically anyway. Ophelia got her lighter skin tone from her mother while Sasha got a darker tone from her father.

Her eyes, hair texture, hair color, everything was gifted to her from her mother but yet she was hated by her. "Listen to me, Chun-li don't let anyone tell you what you can and cannot be. Who you can and cannot love because you run your life and nobody else," Chloe encourages," Understood?"

Ophelia nods, "Yeah. Thanks Chlo." The girls hugged each other. Ophelia felt lips kiss her temple. It was a sisterly kiss. Chloe had always been a big sister to her.

Ever since she first met her on the playground at recess and she played with her when nobody else did because of her parents' wealth.

Who knew that little moment could bloom into something special. "Ready?" Chloe asks. Ophelia smiled before she replied. She looked back at the mansion then back to her best friend. "Ready!"