Chapter 6

It was almost like the weekend never happened. It was a blur to Ophelia because of how fast it went by.

Sasha brought home another guy and Fuschia was degrading Ophelia while her father was nowhere to be found.

The whole day went by slowly. The final bell rang and students flooded the hallway. Chloe was nowhere to be seen. Ophelia assumed she had detention again.

A huge shadow casted over her as a feeling of fear crept down her spine. She could feel sweat dripping down her back.

"Nervous? Would've thought you wouldn't be after the way you talked to me last night." Ophelia relaxed a bit but was still tense.

"What do you want, Trevor?" She asks with bitterness in her voice. A low laugh could be heard from him. Trevor leaned against a locker, looking at Ophelia as she went through her stuff.

"I don't want anything, princess. Just wanted to see the girl from last night that had the balls to stand up to the big bad wolf." She caught the pride in his voice once he called himself a nickname.

Ophelia turned towards the older teen, glaring at him who only smirked back at her. It was like he was taunting her with only one look.

"Leave the girl alone, King." Ryan ordered as he walked over to them, his eyes trained on Trevor as he approached them.

Trevor pushed himself off of the lockers, stuffed his hands in his pockets, and glared at him, not showing any facial expressions letting his eyes hold all the emotions he had.

"Beat it Andrews, I ain't causing no trouble," Trevor replied. "Obviously, you are disturbing her peace so get lost." He tells the scarier teen.

"Tsk. Whatever." Trevor shoved Ryan's shoulder as he stormed away. "You alright?" Ryan asks. "Yeah, thanks." Ophelia nodded at him. "You're Ophelia Danvers right?" She nods once again.

"Ryan Andrews but you probably already knew that." He chuckles nervously. Ophelia gave a small coy smile. Ryan became more at ease once he saw her shy gesture.

"I heard how you stood up to Trevor the other night. I gotta say, not many could do that, I'm impressed." Ryan says.

"Thanks," She grins, "I didn't know it was him." Ryan gave a side smirk. He signaled to the door. Ophelia and Ryan walked outside, talking.

Ophelia frowns when she realizes that Sasha was nowhere to be found, same for a limo. She was walking home. "Something wrong?" Ryan questions.

"No, it just seems like I'm walking home today," Ophelia shrugs, "but I'm used to it. Nice talking to you today." Ryan grabbed her arm, "I can take you home." He offers.

"R-really? I-i don't want to be a bother." She stutters. Ryan scoffed as he shrugged it off. "No trouble at all." Ryan walked over to his car.

Ophelia watched him as he opened the door for her, waiting for her.

Though not visible, she could feel her cheeks heat up. "Coming?" Ryan calls out. Ophelia nods and quickly runs over to him, unaware of a pair of cold eyes watching them from the shadows.