Chapter 10

Ryan and Ophelia were the talk of the school for days. People would catch them kissing in the hallway, lunchroom, and sometimes in the gym. Mainly they would be caught outside after school, holding hands, smiling their heads off and stealing a few pecks every now and then. Aside from being at home, Ophelia was the happiest she's ever been. Both of her parents took notice of it.

Myles figured she found something cute and bought it, Fuschia thought she was on drugs but Sasha...Sasha knew. She always knew. Nobody was that happy. Not even Saint Ole Nick. Ophelia walked out her room with a smile on her face, a brighter one than the sun, she was glowing literally.

Ophelia jumped when she saw Sasha, arms and feet crossed, leaning against the door and an arched eyebrow looking back at her. A curious expression covered her face. "You've been so happy lately, mind telling me why?" She says, sass laced in her voice.

"I mind actually. Excuse me." Ophelia pushes past her older sister. Sasha stalked her sister as she walked down the steps.

Sasha grabbed her by her shoulder and forced her to look at her. "Why are you so happy?" She asks again. "Why does it matter?" "Because I wanna know." Ophelia scoffed as she rolled her eyes. Grabbing her coat, Ophelia tilts her head and narrows her eyes.

"I don't be in your business when you have sex with nearly every guy that you see, so why does it matter when I'm grinning and happy about something?" Ophelia lowly growls.

"You always look miserable and I wanna know what changed," Sasha crossed her arms again, "problem?" Before Ophelia could answer, Myles entered the house.

He sighed as he loosened his tie and rubbed the back of his neck. His eyes were instantly on his daughters. "Hey girls," He sighs again,"what is it this time?" "Mrs. Secretive is smiling her head off and skipping like a gazelle and I wanna know why but she won't tell me." Sasha pouts slightly.

"Dad, it isn't none of her business." Ophelia argues. Myles pinches the bridge of his nose as he groans while the girls begin to argue. He mumbles something under his breath as the arguing becomes louder. "Hey, that's enough! For the love of God!" He yells. Both girls are quiet but don't break eye contact.

"Sasha, if she wanted to tell you, she would have. Now drop it." Myles said. Sasha's shoulders relaxed. Backing off, Sasha mutters something under her breath before walking off. "Thank you, Dad." Ophelia thanks. Myles nodded. "Whatever you're doing, just be safe and be home before eleven." He tells her. Ophelia nods. She kisses him on the cheek and leaves.

(Time skip)

What is one romantic place that you would want to go to for a date? The movies? Arcade? Even a nice restaurant. Perhaps a drive to where only god knows, to get away from it all. These were the ideas that Ophelia thought when Ryan asked her to go out.

Ice skating was not what she had in mind. Ophelia gripped on the rim of the rink to stop herself from accidently slipping and falling. Ryan was skating around like a professional, grinning and giggling like a child. He passed Ophelia multiple times, each time giving her a cheeky look.

Ophelia gritted her teeth every time he passed. "How the hell can someone like him ice skate?" She whispers to herself. She pulled herself along the edges of the rink, making progress slowly but surely. At least she was getting somewhere.

Ryan came up beside her and stood there proudly. Hands on his hips and wide smile. "What's wrong? Can't skate?" He teases. Ophelia flipped him off. Ryan shakes his head and chuckles. He offers her his hand. "Hold on to me." He tells her.

Ophelia was skeptical. Eying his hand as if it'll attack her. "Just take my hand." Ophelia sighs before placing her small hand into his big one. "Don't let me fall." She begs. "I won't, I promise." Ryan kicked his foot out to the side, pushing himself forward. Ophelia just held on for dear life as if her life depended on it.

"Follow my movements." Ryan says. Ophelia watches his feet. She started to follow his movements. Side to side. Push after push. Ophelia started to get the hang of it but still held onto Ryan for good measures. Without her noticing it, Ryan had released her.

Now she was skating on her own. "Ryan, I got it! I got it, I....Ryan?" Ophelia paused. She turned herself around. He stood tall and proud, arms crossed and an approving expression on his face. "I told you, I wouldn't let you fall." He recites. He came closer, "By the looks of it, neither would you." Ophelia gave him a gentle look.

Ryan kissed her cheek. Ophelia giggled as he placed multiple kisses on her cheek. Her hands on his chest as if to push him but there wasn't a hint of force in the action. If it weren't for other people being around them, he would've continued his kissing but he had to think of the kids around them.

Ryan grabbed her hand and with hand in hand, the couple skated around. Ophelia had the biggest smile on her face while Ryan only listened to her laughs and giggles. It was like Christmas had come early to all who saw. His heart began to beat faster as they skated around the rink.

Ryan lifted her in the air as he spun around. The way the lights shone over her, her beautiful smile and stunning black eyes were sparkling. Her hands softly gripped his shoulders. Her legs kicked outwards. She was like an angel. That's the word.

That's what Ryan could describe her at the moment. An angel descending from heaven. Ryan placed her back on the ground, arms wrapped around her waist as he brought her close to his body. He smashed his lips onto hers without a care in the world. Heaven is what it was like.

A kiss from up above. He pulled away from her. Leaning their foreheads against each other, he whispers "Come with me."

(Time skip)

Ophelia and Ryan found themselves in a flower field. The dark purplish orange sky had a type of peace to it. Flowers lightly danced as the wind blew. The sun began to go down slowly.

Ophelia sat on the grass in Ryan's embrace as they watched the orange clouds move along in the sky

Ophelia sat on the grass in Ryan's embrace as they watched the orange clouds move along in the sky. A sweet smell of flowers traveled throughout the air. Ophelia sighed. "I had fun tonight even though I didn't expect you to take me skating. Ice skating at that." She says.

"You got a hang of it quickly though compared to my sister. It took her years." He replies. Ophelia hits his shoulder playfully. Ryan only shrugs,"It's true." Ryan's thumb gently strokes her shoulder as they watch the sun set.

"If I could, I would stay here with you for the rest of my life." Ryan's heart skipped a beat at Ophelia's sweet words. The sincerity in her voice.

The way she spoke took him to another world. Every word that rolled off her tongue filled his ears.

"I feel like I can trust you with my heart. You don't belittle me or make me feel as if I don't belong, you make me feel welcomed. You wouldn't do anything to break my trust," Ophelia turns to look him in his eyes, "would you?"

Ryan shook his head. "No." He replies. Ophelia pecks his lips before resting her forehead against his. Her eyes were closed. Unknowist to her, his eyes were staring at her. "I trust you."