Chapter 30

(A year later)

Ophelia plopped on top of the bed and sighed as she felt the warm and fresh sheets underneath her.

It was like she was on clouds. She heard a deep and annoyed groan rumble underneath her and she knew who it was automatically. He grabbed her and placed her on top of him.

He glared at her annoyed while she flashed him a coy smile. "You could have walked to the other side of the bed and plopped down there." He scolded lightly.

"But you love me." She said as Trevor muttered something underneath his breath. "How was work?" Ophelia could only shrug at the question. "Nothing unusual. Just a very long day." She replies.

"Ain't that the point of being a receptionist in the Groove Wood?" Trevor jokes. "Smart ass." Ophelia muttered. "But you love me." Ophelia lightly his chest causing him to laugh more. They stared into each other's eyes with a mutual smile on their face. "I love you."

"I love you too."

(Time skip)

Felicity sat beside Chloe who gazed up at the loving couple on the couch beside them. A woman, nearly in her fifties, sat across from them with a generous yet fake smile plastered on her face.

Sloane sat on the other side of Trevor with a genuine smile on her face. The woman looked between the couple, judging them from the inside but keeping up the fake smile on her face.

"I believe this would be a great place for the both of you, a starter place at least." She says, "Very cheap and affordable for the both of you."

Ophelia looks towards Trevor who was looking down at her. Ophelia nodded at him with a bubbly grin on her face.

"Okay, we'll take it." He replies.

The woman scrunched up her face, smile never leaving and fake chuckled as she reached into her desk and pulled out a stack of papers and placed them in front of the young couple.

The woman handed them a pen, "Here." Trevor scanned the document before signing the line. Ophelia was the next to sign the line. "Congratulations, you are officially renters of one the finest yet affordable apartments in the state." The woman said as she stood.

The couple and Sloane stood. The couple and woman shook hands before she handed them over a key.

"Welcome."

(Week later)

Ophelia grunted as she sat a box down on the floor. She stretched her aching back before kneeling down in front of the box and began to unpack the old books. She paused over one book particularly.

The fine leather felt smooth underneath her fingertips. She opened the book and was instantly met with her own face.

Prom.

Trevor had actually dressed up for it too…..not like he had a choice but to dress up. It was a beautiful red dress that fit her perfectly.

"Going down memory lane huh?" Trevor smirked. "Yeah, remember this night?" She asks, "It was prom." Trevor kneeled down beside her and observed the picture.

"Yeah, I remember, Chloe threatened me in french." Ophelia chuckled at the memory, "That's Chlo for you."  Ophelia flipped through a few more pages.

"Graduation. I remember it like it was yesterday." Trevor’s eyes flashed down at the ring on her finger and smirked. Trevor had proposed to her at graduation.

As soon as they called her name, Trevor seized the opportunity to propose in front of everyone and rubbed it in Ryan's face who was still bitter about everything but moved on anyway.

To say the least, he loved her and she loved him. High School was nearly a year ago and here they were, sitting on the floor in their apartment.

"Everything feels so unreal. We were just in highschool despising each other and now we're moving in together." Ophelia tells him, "Feels like a dream."

Trevor nods. "If it were a dream, I would never want to wake up." "Corny yet sweet. I love it." "Hey! Give me some slack." Ophelia chuckles as she hits chest lightly. "We should finish unpacking."

Both rose to their feet. Ophelia squeaked as she felt a slap to her butt. "Hey!" Ophelia exclaimed. Trevor growled playfully at her before turning to leave.

He squeaked as well when Ophelia returned the gesture before occupying herself with other tasks. Trevor walked out of view. "Nice ass by the way." She called out.

"Shut up."