Chapter 16

'Gunshots. Those were totally gunshot,' Ophelia thought. Ophelia and Trevor were cowering with fear in the closet as they heard gunshots fire off shot after shot. Screams could be heard from outside. Ophelia's breathing was rapid. Her mind was racing as her heart skipped beats. Trevor looked calm and collected but on the inside he was scared shitless. His eyes studied the door waiting for it to open.

 His face would face the huge barrel of the gun, waiting for it to fire as the stray bullet would pierce his skin and kill him. Heavy footsteps could be heard from the other side of the door. Ophelia was trembling as they came closer. It sounded like boots stomping against the hard wooden floor. The door knob turned only to be stopped by the lock. It rattled a bit, whoever it was, was trying to get into the closet. Ophelia breathing began to slow as the footsteps retreated. She closed her eyes as she silently prayed. Prayed to God. Prayed that whatever was happening would end.

  Smash! Everything happened so fast. Trevor, without a second thought, leaped onto Ophelia and shielded her away from the invader as he closed his eyes and waited for the bullet to pierce through him. It never came. Trevor looked over his shoulder. Ophelia peered over his shoulder too. Trevor's friend, clenching his bloody arm, stood there. Trevor quickly got off of Ophelia and rushed over to him. "What happened?" He asks.

 "One of the guys became hysterical when he spotted his ex with someone else and he snapped." His friend answered. Ophelia stood up shakily. "Where's Chloe?" The teens looked at her. Sadness was in his eyes. "Where's Chloe?" She repeats with distress in her voice. He didn't answer. Ophelia ran past them. 

"Chloe? Chloe," She called out, "Chloe!" She searched the area for her friend. Eyes skipping around as she searched. "Chloe!" She ran over to her. Chloe was clenching the side of her abdomen as she shivered as her brown eyes stared at the ceiling, blinking as tears fell and trailed down her cheeks. Her breathing was shaky. Ophelia applied pressure to her wound. "Stay with me Chlo," She demands, "please." 

"Get help! Please!" Ophelia shouts. Blood covered her hands. "Stay with me," She tells her, "c'mon Chlo. Stay with me." Trevor's other friend stood there, shaken up. "What the fuck are you doing? Call for help!" She screams. The guy quickly dialed 911. She turned her attention to crying yet silent Chloe. "C'mon Chlo." 

(Time skip)

It didn't take long for the ambulances or the cops to arrive. The shooter was arrested and many were taken into the many ambulances. Some of the teens were shot fatally and died before help could arrive. Ophelia watched as Chloe was taken into the ambulance. "It's okay sweetheart. Just stay with us." One of the EMTs said . Ophelia teared up as she watched her alive but injured friend leave her sight. Ophelia sighs. 

She felt a hand on her shoulder. "She's gonna be alright." Trevor assured. "How do you know that? You can't possibly know that." She frowns. Trevor looks around before looking back at Ophelia. "Look, I know you're in distress right now but I don't think that it's a good idea for you to be walking alone or taking an uber. I'll take you home." Trevor says.

 "I'm perfectly fine. I don't need you to take me home." She argues, "I can get home on my own so thanks but no thanks." Ophelia shrugs off Trevor's hand and walks away. She pulls out her phone to contact an Uber but Trevor grabbed her phone and held it away from her reach. "Give it back." She orders. 

"You can get it back when you get home." Trevor cockily walks away after he puts her phone in his pocket. "You fucking bastard." She cursed under her breath. "Come on, Princess." Ophelia rolled her eyes and trailed after him. Trevor revved up his bike. Ophelia crossed her arms as she stared at him. 

"Are you gonna get on or are you just gonna stand there?" 

"I'll be damned if I get on that thing." 

Trevor sighs again as he leaned against the handlebars of his bike. He pulled out her phone and tauntingly waved it. Ophelia grunts and grumbles before submitting to his demand. She hopped onto his bike. "Hold on tight." Trevor warns. 

"Oh please. I'm not gonna fa-Ah!" Ophelia screams as the bike took off, leaving her no choice but to hold on for her life. Trevor drove away with a screaming and terrified Ophelia behind him.