Chapter 27

The arguing worsened and so did the blaming and the rapid insults towards Ophelia.

She knew how her mother was, she was an attention seeking woman who was also very self centered. Sasha rarely made comments about Ophelia and barely made eye contact, ever since what happened a few days ago, it was like Sasha just shut down.

Myles almost never came home and when he did, it was always an argument and accusations against him. Ophelia could still feel the tension between everyone towards her.

She finally had enough, she could not bear to stay there anymore. That's how she found herself, packing up her things with Chloe standing in the corner of her room, arms crossed. "Are you sure about this?" Chloe asks with softness in her voice.

Her eyes held pity and sadness as she gazed on Ophelia's busy form. Ophelia huffed as she forced a few clothes into a bag.

"Absolutely."

Chloe exhaled as she pushed off the wall and walked over to Ophelia-gently placing her hands on her shoulders, stopping her once shaken form- and laying her head on her back.

"I have to go, you know why." Ophelia sniffles. Chloe deeply sighs as she slightly nods, "I know." Ophelia zips up her bag and tossed it onto her shoulder. She turns to Chloe, eyes meeting slightly.

They could read each other like a book, emotions were visible. Ophelia sniffles, looks at her old room before nodding towards Chloe. The rest of the Danvers were absent but she could care less.

They wouldn't notice they never did. Ophelia said her final goodbyes to some hired help before leaving. Tossing her bag in the back seat, Ophelia relaxed in her seat, eyes closed.

"Trevor, take me to Trevor," she tells her. The car moved slowly as the engine hummed. Ophelia opened her eyes and peered out the side view mirror and watched as the place that once was home became smaller, the "loving family" along with it. It was over. All over. 

(Timeskip)

Ophelia sat on the edge of the bed, playing with her fingers, eyes taking an interest in her feet-she could feel Trevor studying her, trying to read her. Chloe had dropped her off not too long ago and stayed a bit before leaving.

Trevor could feel the strong emotions radiating off of form. Trevor sighed as he slid down behind her, wrapping his arms around and pulled her to him, causing her to squeak. Trevor rested his chin on her shoulder.

"Talk to me baby." He says softly. "I hate them. I hate them all," she sniffles, "Sasha and Fuschia hated me, they've always hated me from the moment I was born then come to find out that I have a little sister It's just-God- i…it's just how d…do you preach but don't practice it? How Trevor?"

Trevor stayed quiet as she rambled on. The more she talked, the more angry, sad, and disgusted she felt just mentioning their names and remembering their faces; all the times that she was ignored, belittling her.

Felicity was the final draw and right there she knew that she had to leave. Trevor pecked her shoulder gently, feeling the muscle underneath relax slightly.

"I don't want anything to do with them, not after this." She says.

"I know," he whispers, "I know."

Ophelia relaxed back into Trevor’s chest, inhaling his masculine musk, it was strong and dominant that gave her a weird sense of security that she couldn't find anywhere else.

Her fingers lightly trailed up and down his arms. "Are you sure that Sloane doesn't mind me staying here?" She asks. Trevor shook his head, "Ma doesn't mind."

Ophelia hummed in approval as she closed her eyes. Drifting in and out of sleep, she could barely hear Trevor whispering in her ear sweet and gentle words: "I love you, don't you forget that, Princess."