Chapter 2: "First detention"

My alarm woke me up and I groaned. I wore a pair of black ripped jeans, a black t-shirt and because it felt a little chilly, my motorbike jacket, I slid on my black boots and grabbed my backpack and left, I would get to school 20 minutes early but I didn’t care, I had nothing better to do at home.

I pulled up to the school’s parking lot and as I was taking off my helmet I heard another bike pulling up, I looked over to see who it was and my jaw dropped to the floor. It was the English teacher whose name I still don’t know. She was riding a black 2020 Honda CBR600RR, and she looked extremely hot while doing so. She got off the bike and took her helmet off, I took mine off as well, I looked over at her direction and she saw me, I locked my bike and I approached her.

-“Good morning Camilla” She said with a blunt expression

-“Good morning Miss.”

-“Can I help you?”

-“I-I Uhm I just wanted to say that I like your bike”

-“Oh, thank you, yours isn’t that bad either” She attempted to compliment me

-“You like my bike?” I smirked

-“Sure, it’s a cute little one, perfect for a kid” She said in a mean tone. I turned around and left

-“What a bitch” I whispered under my breath

-“Hey who pissed in your cheerios?” Izzy asked me as I approached her

-“That bitchy English teacher”

-“What happened?”

-“I complimented her for her bike and she insulted mine” I said frowning

-“Damn bro she either really hates you or she’s just a bitch”

-“I think she’s just a bitch”

We went to my locker and I put my helmet in it. The bell rang and I made my way to math class. It was boring as shit and I couldn’t pay attention. The bell rang and I ran out of the classroom. I saw Izzy and Ed and ran towards them, but of course my clumsy ass bumped into someone again.

-“Jesus Camilla watch where you are going for once, it’s the third time in two days”

-“Oh my god I’m so sorry” I was turning red from embarrassment and I could see my friends laughing hysterically from behind her.

-“Whatever, just stop running in the hallways” She said and moved past me bumping my shoulder. I turned and looked at her shocked but she didn’t look back.

-“Girl what was that?” Ed chuckled

-“Damn bro you two got beef” Izzy joked

-“She’s right, I keep bumping onto her”

-“Simp” they said in unison

-“Shut up” I shoved them a little.

We made our way to Economics, the lesson wasn’t that boring and I actually paid attention, and so did Izzy. When the bell rang we rushed to the cafeteria to meet Ed, we ate and chatted a little, he told us about his boyfriend and Izzy told us about the last girl she hooked up with, as for me, I haven’t hooked up with a girl in a while. I had a relationship but we broke up a year and a half ago because she had to move, I didn’t really care, I’m not that much into relationships anyway.

-“Earth to Cam, do you hear us?” She snapped her fingers in front of me and I looked at her annoyed.

-“What?”

-“Let’s go change for PE”

-“Ok” we got up and went to the locker room, I changed into the same outfit as yesterday and so did Izzy and Ed, we went to the gym.

-“You are early” Ms. Williams said surprised.

-“Yes, we were bored” Izzy answered

-“A bird told me someone pranked the new teacher yesterday and I believe the three of you had something to do with it” She raised her eyebrows

-“Maybe” I answered

-“You are lucky you didn’t get suspended Cam, she was furious yesterday”

-“Yeah I noticed, but I didn’t know I would be pranking her, if I knew I wouldn’t have done it, she’s too mean” I said and Ms. Williams chuckled.

-“Well, she’s not exactly friendly” She added

-“Not even with you?” Ed asked

-“Not really, she didn’t seem interested in interacting with us at all”

-“Maybe she was having a bad day” Izzy added

-“She did have a student bumping into her and spilling all her coffee onto her blouse, first thing in the morning” Ms. Williams said and my stupid friends giggled.

-“Yeah that student may or may not have been Cam” Ed said and I pouted

-“You were the one? Oh dear I feel sorry for you”

-“She bumped onto her again today” Izzy added and everyone laughed

-“It’s not funny, I didn’t mean to, I’m just clumsy”
The bell rang and the gym filled with students and the three of us participated, Ed and Izzy were pretty good, but me being the clumsy idiot I am I sucked. I ended up falling and scraping my knees and hands and I had to sit on the bench.

-“You need to be more careful Cam”

-“I can’t help it Ms.” I smiled, I actually liked her, she was a cool teacher. She messed with my hair and rolled her eyes.

She dismissed us and I took a quick shower and got changed, my knees and hands hurt a lot and my sweatpants were full of blood. I made my way toward English and I sat at the back with my friends. The class started.

-“Hello everyone, since yesterday we didn’t have time to introduce ourselves” She paused and looked at me and I looked down.
“We will do it today. I am Ms. Miller and I’ll be your English teacher this year, I expect you to be on your best behavior and keep up with the homework I’ll be giving you. Now each one of you will introduce yourselves and say one thing about you.”
Most of the class has already introduced themselves and it was now my turn.

-“I’m Camilla Thomson, my friends call me Cam and in my free time I ride around with my motorcycle”

The rest of the class proceeded with the introductions and then she started teaching today's lesson, it was an interesting one so I paid attention and took notes.

The bell rang and everyone run out of the class, but I had to stay for detention. I moved to a desk at the front and she got up and closed the door.

I pulled out my notebooks and started doing my homework, I could feel her eyes on me. After a while, I looked up.

-“Can I help you?” I asked confused

-“You are doing homework quietly?”

-“Yes?”

-“What are you up to? You are freaking me out” She said frowning and I chuckled

-“Nothing, I feel bad for ruining your day yesterday” I shrugged

-“You should”

-“You are not making it easy Ms.”

-“Go back to your work” She ordered and I did. I finished the rest of my homework before the end of detention so I just sat there staring around.

-“You finished your homework?”

-“Yep”

-“Would you mind helping me correct these?”

-“Uhm, I don’t but I’m not the best at English”

-“It’s from freshmen and I’m only looking for grammar and vocabulary errors”

-“Oh okay then” I said and extended my hand to get the papers, she eyed my scraped hand and then me and she raised her eyebrow passing me the papers.
“I fell during PE” I knew she was curious.

-“Of course you did” She rolled her eyes and I was starting to get annoyed with her attitude. I started correcting the papers, the bell rang dismissing me, but I decided that I’m going to finish them and then leave.

-“Didn’t you hear the bell?”

-“I did”

-“Then why are you still here?”

-“I thought I’d finish them and then leave”

-“I’d rather do it myself, you can go”
I left the classroom and I felt hurt by her words. Sure I was a pain in the ass yesterday but she has been insulting me all day long and I was feeling mentally drained.

I went home, cooked, ate, cleaned up a little, took a shower and went to sleep. I hope she stops being mean soon.

Ms. Miller’s bike

Question: How are you liking the story so far? Any feedback?