Chapter 35: "Shopping"

On Saturday Izzy, Ed and I went shopping. Izzy chose a beautiful long black dress with a slit going up mid-thigh. Ed chose a pink suit with a pink vest, a black shirt, and a burgundy tie. I kept looking around but didn’t know whether I wanted a suit or a dress. I tried a few dresses on but they all felt weird and uncomfortable.

Just when I was about to give up Izzy showed me the most beautiful suit I’ve ever seen. It was a light pink but more like light dusty-pink color,  It was a three-piece suit, a vest, pants and a jacket. I chose a white shirt with it.

-“Iz, do you know who’s Chaperoning?”

-“Ms. Williams, Mr. Peterson and let me think who else”

-“Sure”

-“Mr. Davis”

-“Shit, two men” I scrunched my nose

-“And of course Ms. Miller”

-“She will be Chaperoning?” I asked excited

-“Yes, how did you not know about it?”

-“I’ve been spending time with my dad this week and we didn’t have much time to talk, when we were together we had other things to do” I smiled and Izzy rolled her eyes.

-“Damn bro, at least you’ll get to see her on prom night”

-“Yes” I had a huge, stupid smile on my face and I knew I needed to see her asap. We had taken Izzy’s car so I asked her to drive me to her place. I knocked on the door and she opened wearing black silk shorts with a matching top. She smiled and checked me out, I pulled her closer and kissed her cheek.

-“Can I come in?”

-“Sure, is everything ok?”

-“Yes, I just wanted to see you, am I bothering you?”

-“No babe, I was just sitting on the couch watching tv” She cupped my cheek and kissed me. “That’s how you kiss your girlfriend” She smirked as she pulled away. I kissed her again and trailed kissed down to her neck leaving my mark.

-“No, that’s how you kiss your girlfriend” I corrected her and she smirked and looked at me as if I was a snack. “Hungry much?” I smirked back

-“Maybe” She leaned in and whispered in my ear seductively, she then left and sat on the couch.

-“You are such a tease” I whined and she chuckled. I sat next to her. “I heard you are chaperoning”

-“You are going to prom?” she asked

-“Yes”

-“Oh, you got a date or…?” She trailed off and I smiled.

-“Are you jealous?”

-“No Cam I’m not jealous, you can take whoever you want to prom” She said and annoyed, and got up, she went to the bedroom and slammed the door behind her. I got up and followed her, I opened the door and she was sitting on the bed pouting, did she really think I had a date? I sat next to her and she pulled away.

-“Baby” She was ignoring me “Baby, look at me please” She gave in and I smiled at her “I don’t have a date for prom” She shrugged. “The only person I could think of spending this night with is you, but since I can’t I’m not taking anyone” Her look softened.

-“Are you going on your own? That’s kind of sad” I rolled my eyes at her.

-“I’m going with Izzy”

-“Doesn’t she have a date?”

-“No, she isn’t interested in anyone, except some random hook-ups”