Chapter 9: "I feel safe"

The rest of the month passed quickly, we were swamped with tests and homework, Ms. Miller and I were on good terms and she hasn’t stopped being nice, my dad texted me that he wouldn’t be back for Christmas and probably would be away until spring break.

Since it is Saturday Izzy, Ed will go to a senior-only party.

Izzy picked us up, the party was at some girl’s house, it was loud and full of drunk teenagers, it didn’t take long for us to start drinking as well. After two hours of dancing and drinking I felt exhausted, I started searching for Izzy, but she was nowhere to be found, It was hard pushing through all these people and I was dizzy. I bumped into someone.

-“Hey pretty” He grinned

-“What do you want Jack?”

-“You, I want to fuck you” He said and I made a disgusted face.

-“Well, you can’t have me so move on” I said and tried to walk past him but he grabbed my wrist.

-“Oh but I can” I tried to pull away but his grip became tighter, this can’t be happening. He dragged me towards a room, opened the door, and pushed me in closing it behind him. He pushed me against the wall and pinned my wrists, I tried to fight back but couldn’t.

-“Please stop” I begged and he gave me a smile that sent chills down my spine. Tears started rolling down my face. He grabbed my face and kissed me, he tasted like alcohol and it almost made me puke. He kept pinning my wrists above my head with one of his hands while he grabbed my boobs with the other.

He looked down and started to unbutton his pants and I took the opportunity and headbutt him, I then kicked him in the nuts and he left my hands, I shoved him to the ground and made a run for it.

I left the house and kept running as fast as I could, tears were streaming down my face and I went towards the only place I felt safe, after about thirty minutes of running I got to her house, I rang the bell, I was still crying and shaking.

-“Cam? what happened?” I looked at her and she moved to the side and let me in. I moved past her and she closed the door behind us. Her eyes were full of worry, she hugged me and I sobbed uncontrollably, she rubbed circles in my back. She then spoke again.

-“Cam, what happened?” I couldn’t talk. She pulled away and put her hand on my back leading me to the living room, I sat on the couch and she covered me with a blanket and sat next to me. I couldn’t stop crying, I still felt his lips on mine and his hand on my boobs, I was shaking. Her eyes fell on wrists that were red from his grip and her expression changed.

-“Who did this? Did they hurt you?” she seemed enraged. I just looked at her and she hugged me again.

-“I was at a party” was all I managed to say.

-“Who left these marks?”

-“Jack”

-“This motherfucker” she clenched her jaw. “Did he do anything else to you?” she whispered and bit her bottom lip. I shook my head no and she hugged me even tighter.

-“Will you tell me what happened?” she pulled away

-“I was looking for Izzy and bumped into him, he flirted and I turned him down, he then grabbed my wrist and dragged me into a room” I started crying again “He pinned me against the wall, kissed me, and grabbed my breast, I tried to move but couldn’t, I begged him to stop and he started unbuttoning his pants, he looked down and I headbutted him, I then kicked him in the nuts and he let my go, I pushed him to the ground and started running until I got here” I was now sobbing again.