Chapter 21: "Holigays"

I woke up and she was already awake but still lying on my chest.

-«Good morning baby»

-«Good morning princess»

-«Are you ok?» She shook her head no, and I kissed the top of her head. «Can I do anything to make you feel better?»

-«Just stay in bed in with me» We cuddled in bed and I was caressing her head. The door knocked and her mum walked in.

-«Good morning girls, how are you?»

-«I’m ok Mrs. Miller, but Dani feels a little down» She shook her head in understanding and glanced at her daughter, who had found comfort in hugging me.

-«I’ll bring you coffee and something to eat.»

-«No mum, it’s okay, well come to the kitchen» Dani said lifting her head.

-«Are you sure?»

-«Yes mum» she got up and went to the bathroom.

-«Thank you Cam»

-«For what Mrs. Miller?»

-«For taking care of her» I smiled and nodded. Dani walked in and I went to the bathroom next. I met them at the kitchen, Dani was talking with her mum and she seemed better than a few minutes ago.

We ended up going to the mall, we would be exchanging gifts on the next morning of new year’s eve, so I did some shopping for everyone, I got Dani two gifts, one that she could open in front of her family and one that I would give her privately. We ate popcorn and candy and went to the arcade, we joked around and had a lot of fun. I don’t think I’ve ever seen Danielle so carefree before.

When we went home we got changed, I iced my hand and we fell asleep immediately, even though it was only 9.3 we were exhausted.

The next four days passed by fast, Dani and I had a lot of fun exploring the town, we went to different cafes and restaurants, we went to the cinema and we shopped.

I felt someone shaking me.

-«Cam, wake up, Cam» I opened my eyes and she was smiling over me, she leaned and kissed me. «Look» she said opening the window. It was snowing, I was amazed, I hadn’t seen snow in a while.

-«Wooow babe it’s so beautiful» I got up and hugged her from behind.

-«We should get dressed and go outside» she said excited and I nodded. I went to the bathroom and got ready. I wore a pair of black jeans, a t-shirt, a black hoodie on top, my Docs and my warm jacket. She was wearing a black hoodie with black sweatpants, a grey thick overshirt and a pair of black-red air Jordan ones.

-«Holy shit, you look amazing, and your shoes are fire» She chuckled

-«You look great too Cam, but aren’t you going to be cold?»

-«No, I’ll be fine» She wore a black beanie and a pair of black gloves. We got outside, in the back yard and the cold air hit me in the face. The yard was huge, way bigger than the house, it had a pond, benches a barbecue. I felt something cold hit my face and I turned to look at Dani, she was giggling.

-«Did you just throw a snowball at me?»

-«Yes»

-«You are gonna regret that» I bent down and quickly made a snowball, I threw it and it hit her, that started a snowball fight between us, but I was losing since I could barely use my right arm, her mum walked out as Dani threw a snowball at my face again.

-«Are you girls having fun?»

-«Mrs. Miller, your daughter is bullying me»

-«I can see it» she laughed