Chapter 42: "Proposal"

*Fast forward two years later*

-"Babe, are we going shopping today?" Danielle yelled from the living room.

-"I was thinking of going to the beach" We were on vacation in Santorini, Greece and the hotel was only a few minutes away from the beach.

-"But it's late and the sun will start setting in a while" She whined

-"Then, how about we go watch the sunset, there's a nice place nearby" She nodded enthusiastically. We left and walked towards the viewpoint, my heart was beating in my chest and I kept checking if the box was in my pocket. When we got there the camera was already set and there were rose petals scattered on the pavement.

-"That's so romantic" She exclaimed without noticing the camera. We walked towards the end of the balcony. The sunset was beautiful. I kneeled in front of her and her eyes widened. I took the box out and opened it.

-"Danielle, before I met you I was lost, you helped me find my way, you stood by my side and helped me love myself for who I am, you make me whole. I love you, I love the way you roll your eyes and chuckle when I say something stupid, the way you stick your tongue out or bite your bottom lip when you're focused, I love everything about you. You are the love of my life and I want to grow old with you. Danielle Miller, will you marry me?" tears were streaming down her face as she nodded frantically.

-"Yes, a thousand times yes" She choked out and tears started streaming down my face too. I put the ring on her finger and got up. We hugged and I grabbed her face and kissed her.

-"I love you so much"

-"I love you Cam" I got to the camera and turned it off. "You recorded it"

-"Yes"

-"You had planned this? How did you know I would say no to the beach?"

-"Because I know you baby" I kissed her and we watched the sunset in each other's arms.

I couldn't wait to spend the rest of my life with her.