Chapter 63 Seesaw

Ren Yanyong paid attention to the voting column as soon as he went online. Therefore, he was the first to witness the whole process of Tan Baishan's online and offline including voting actions before the meeting.

Ren Yan was permanently speechless.

As a president of the Presbyterian Church who pays great attention to his words and deeds, during his century-long tenure, Ren Yanyong has never seen such an outrageous thing in decades.

Outrageous, outrageous!

For the key points that he can see, there is one and only vice president He Zhuang who is in sync with his thinking, and the other officers don't even find the right focus.

"Hey, why did the old talk go online and then go offline? Is the network in the north not good?" "

How is it possible? Since the military system was changed, the network has not been bad for decades. A complete set of battleship data is sent out every day. The transmission is very smooth."

"So what is Old Tan doing, who asks?"

Only one brushed aside, "How do I remember that there have been many star beast attacks in the northern border recently, Marshal Tan said that they are going to hunt in the snow forest today One that fled to the north?"

Well, it explained why Tan Baishan went offline, but, but...

Ren Yanyong said quietly, "Don't you look at the voting screen?"

His tone was so sad that there was nothing to add, "Marshal Tan went online Two seconds, once you cast your vote, you will immediately log off." It is

not an exaggeration to say that he went online just to vote!

Sure enough, when Ren Yanyong mentioned it, all the marshals, deputy marshals, and senior military officers all looked suddenly enlightened, and went to the voting screen one after another.

Ren Yanyong closed his eyes in this pain, there is no hope, let it be destroyed!

Is this the difference between civil servants and military officials? If it wasn't for the empire, would he, who hadn't eavesdropped on the Legion meeting for decades, come up to suffer this crime? !

For the empire! All for the Empire! !

Ren Yanyong opened his eyes again after recited his professional beliefs twice in his heart.

When I opened my eyes, I heard a dialogue that hit the soul.

"It's weird to talk about it all the time." " Is it

because I'm afraid of being slapped by the elders, so I just dropped it after I voted? I learned."

Pushed off the patrol inspection, finished the internal discussion, and slipped back to get down to business." "

Yes, the beast horde is coming..."

"Not only the beast horde is coming, but also the gang from the alliance..."

After some conversation, the focus was lost again virtually.

Ren Yanyong's forehead was throbbing with blue veins.

The vice president, He Zhuang, coughed lightly, and reminded, "Although it's a bit strange to say this, but all the marshals and officers, our Elders' Council's monitors have arrived. A friendly reminder, the Elders' Council will not report you without reason. ..."

"Okay, I got it, I got it, President He, don't read it, I was wrong about the sentence

about the Presbyterians, withdraw it, withdraw it!" It was the officer who said that Tan Baishan was afraid of "being rushed by the Presbyterians".

Ren Yanyong reached out his hand and pressed the blue veins on his forehead that were jumping happily.

He Zhuang smiled, no surprise at all.

Although the vice president, Xu Mirou, was listening to this kind of legion meeting for the first time, she was extremely strong in her heart. He Zhuang didn't answer, and she replied politely, "The elders' meeting is not aimed at everyone, but just discuss the matter after hearing it." "

Know I know."

"Understood."

"Understood."

The officers were afraid that Xu Mirou would come out in a bunch of roundabout ways, so they hurriedly stated their positions.

Xu Mirou smiled, and the painful masks on the faces of the officers may not be much better.

The twisted relationship between the Presbyterian Church and the Legion can be seen.

The elders smiled awkwardly but politely, and the officers also responded with painful but polite smiles. This harmonious atmosphere of mutual love lasted for dozens of seconds in silence before the door of the conference room was pushed open. .

Finally, Chi Yao, who initiated the meeting, arrived with his personal companions.

The officers of the legion and the elders were silently relieved.

Chi Yao: "Is it all here?"

After entering the door, the entire meeting room is a large-scale holographic projection sensor, and the figures of the officers and members of the Presbyterian Church are once again condensed in the form of projection, and everyone who enters this meeting room, every move It will be transformed into a data stream and presented in the form of projections in the equipment of everyone participating in the meeting.

There may be slight differences in the form of expression depending on the terminal, but the principle is the same.

Not waiting for Ren Yanyong to get entangled in talking about Baishan, but when no one came back, Chi Yao ordered Fei Chudao, "Order someone." "The

first legion is complete, the second legion... the elders will listen to one president and two vice presidents , the Seventh Legion is absent." Seeing something suddenly, Fei Chu said again, "Wait, the record shows that Marshal Tan has been online for two seconds, and he will be off after voting."

Ren Yanyong hurriedly said, "That's right, Marshal Tanbaishan left after voting, I saw it with my own eyes."

Ren Yanyong let out a long sigh, and said as objectively as possible, "I know that the legion meeting is busy with military affairs, so there are not so many rules and regulations in daily life, but Going online without seeing His Majesty, you left, it's too... too rude."

Hearing this long pause, Shi Xing privately felt that Ren Yanyong's evaluation of "disrespectful" was already very restrained.

In fact, it was true. The vice president, Xu Mirou, glanced in Ren Yanyong's direction in amazement. If there was a problem, the elders would first write a self-criticism, and then hold a unified meeting to make a report.

Xu Mirou had never heard such a gentle comment from the president on violations of rules and disciplines.

Chi Yao nodded.

Before he could say anything, the solidarity between the regiments and officers was revealed.

The Marshal of the Fourth Legion said: "Then, don't be angry, Your Majesty, you may have encountered something, not necessarily on purpose."

The deputy marshal echoed, "Yes, maybe there is something urgent about the Marshal Tan

The Marshal of the Fifth Legion added, "I have been talking about hunting star beasts today. Recently, the number of star beasts in the northern region has suddenly increased. I always talk about the rules..." A good start, there

are two The three of them spoke together, followed by a sparse group of people who defended them one after another.

Shi Xing privately sent a message to Tang Mi, [Are the legions usually so united? 】

Received a touching answer, 【No, the legion likes to confront the elders. If President Ren hadn't brought it up, I don't think everyone would have responded in such a unified way.】

Shi Xing was deeply moved by this answer.

Chi Yao smiled, raised his hand to stop everyone from speaking, and said, "Understood, but the facts are not what you think."

Chi Yao said seriously: "The number of star beasts breaking out of the northern border has increased recently, and we focused on killing them some time ago. Tanbaishan reported to me two days ago about the last star beast wandering in the ice and snow forest, and I agreed to ask for leave if I couldn't get away." Ren Yanyong was stunned, "Then vote..." Chi

Yao

: "It should be more formal. Before departure, I came up to make a statement."

Ren Yanyong was about to say that this statement was perfunctory, but the palace clerk said, "Marshal Tan submitted the statements of the officers of the Seventh Army to the palace two days ago. Joint intent to sign the document."

The clerk called up the document, and the official document approving Shixing's military power appeared in the center in the form of a projection, and the officers checked it one after another.

Ren Yanyong also retrieved an electronic file, scanned it, and found that the format of the text was neat, and at the end there was a leave note for today's meeting, which explained the situation of the northern star beasts in detail. Finally, there was a long list of officers' signatures to show that The supportive attitude of everyone in the Seventh Army.

Chairman Ren didn't finish reading, and when he saw the name "Tan Chi" following Tan Baishan, his heart skipped a beat.

Thinking of the rumor he had heard...

Before he could think again, the officers gave the answer first.

"This format is standard enough, Xiao Chi drafted it." "

All the officers of the Seventh Army with the rank of general and above have signed their consent." "

Indeed, everyone is here."

After giving everyone some time to confirm, the document Chang Wei Wan asked, "Do you have any objections to the Seventh Army's vote?"

All the major armies shook their heads.

The chief clerk looked at the three people who came from the elders' meeting, "Where is the elders' meeting, do you approve of its effectiveness?"

Ren Yanyong said with difficulty, "Affirmed."

After speaking, he added, "After the meeting, Wei Shushu can forward the electronic file of the original document to the elders. Will you have one, we need to file."

"Of course."

The meeting continued.

Except for the Seventh Army, the marshals and deputy marshals of the second to sixth armies are all present.

Three elders came from the Council of Elders, the president Ren Yanyong, the vice president He Zhuang, and the vice president Xu Mirou.

Chi Yao has two identities, one plus Fei Chu Fuqing, who represents the marshal and senior officer of the First Legion.

The second level is based on Chi Yao as the core, plus Shi Xing, Wei Wan, the chief secretary of the palace, and Tang Mi, the secretary of the palace, to form the direct line of the royal family who held this meeting.

Divided by camp, there are tripartites, royals, legions, and elders.

The absence of the Seventh Army has been explained, the vote has become effective, and it has officially entered the topic of today's meeting.

Except for the Seventh Legion, Chi Yao did not deliberately contact the major legions in advance to talk about the content to be discussed in today's meeting.

But the Council of Elders has contacted them. As long as the Legion does not turn against each other, the Council of Elders has already learned the core content of the meeting in advance.

Therefore, except for one or two legions who really know the content of the meeting, most people know it well, and the stage of introducing the core discussion content is just a formality.

After the cutscenes were over, everyone had a detailed understanding of the content of the meeting and knew what to vote for before the meeting could be officially started.

Ren Yanyong thought about the legion.

The first legion is the royal guard, and Chi Yao's private army must have supported Shi Xing in gaining military power.

The Seventh Army voted in an unexpected way and is currently in favor.

That's two votes in favor.

There are two, three, four, five, six, five legions left.

The Second Legion and the Council of Elders have a good relationship, and the marshal is Ren Yanyong's old friend. In the past week, Ren Yanyong has expressed the opinions of the Council of Elders in detail. The vote against is solid.

The Third Legion has a special status. Lu Guangyu's status as a prince awarded with military exploits gave the Third Legion a faintly higher prestige in the imperial capital than the other legions. The Elders have contacted them. The attitude of the Lu family is neutral and objective, and the Elders can't say anything. Just let them think about it.

Neither the Fourth Army nor the Sixth Army was close to the imperial capital. Like the Seventh Army, they were relatively independent and had a more objective attitude. They had very little contact with civilian institutions. Ren Yanyong was not sure how they would express their views.

The Fifth Legion is the guard of the imperial capital and its surrounding areas. It has always followed the lead of the royal family, and it is estimated that it is a vote of approval.

The 1st, 5th, and 7th legions all agree, and there are already three votes in favor here.

The Second Army opposed, but could not stand alone.

The final decisive votes are produced among the neutral third, fourth, and sixth legions.

Ren Yanyong didn't know what the result would be, but Tan Baishan's overwhelming opinion caused him a lot of pressure.

There are already three legions supporting Shi Xing, and even if there is one more, it is not a situation that the elders want to see.

The clerk concluded, "The granting of military power has always followed the law. The laws of the empire have clear regulations, but it can also be voted by the major legions. Due to the racial characteristics of His Royal Highness Time Star, His Majesty decided to use the legion vote to determine whether to empower or not. ""

"It's also the main purpose of calling everyone here today, to discuss the granting of military power to His Royal Highness Shi Xing." "The

Elder Council should have contacted you in advance, and I have explained it in detail today. What do you think?

" Following the secretary's words, the voting session officially began.

A certain marshal said first, "The First Legion has already made a decision, so we can announce it first."

Fei Chu replied, "A decision has indeed been made, and it adopted the same method as the Seventh Legion, where officers voted, and the result was unanimous approval. Here."

The second full-pass voting document was projected to the center, and cold sweat dripped from Ren Yanyong's forehead.

Vice President He Zhuang opened it, read it in detail, nodded to the old president, "All the officers of the First Legion, together with His Majesty's signature, are on it." Ren Yanyong nodded, inhaled in one breath, and

exhaled not come out.

After everyone checked, the attitude of the First Legion was there, and the vote became yes.

After the second vote, the atmosphere fell into silence again.

Chi Yao, "Those who have already made a decision can vote first, and then discuss after voting."

If the Fifth Army was as Ren Yanyong thought, the marshal spoke out and dismantled from the fundamental idea, "The Fifth Army has been stationed in the imperial capital. And more than a dozen surrounding cities, to protect everyone's safety and maintain the normal operation of the city order."

"The Fifth Legion is ruled by the imperial law. It is customary for the partner of the direct line of the royal family to obtain half of the military power owned by the direct line. There is no need to vote for empowerment. This time, the Fifth Army still decided to follow the imperial law, fundamentally Recognize the legitimacy of empowerment, so we agree."

Simply put, since the law stipulates this, they listen, follow the law, and vote in favor.

The words are extremely high-sounding, but they are also in line with the fifth army's military principles.

Because of its location, the Fifth Army has always used the First Army as the weathervane to enforce orders and prohibit them, and to follow the law is indeed something they can do.

The clerk nodded and reported, "The Fifth Army agrees, will other legions and elders have any objections?" After

asking one by one, the Fifth Army also lit up a vote of agreement.

Ren Yanyong had a heart attack.

Fortunately, he still has the Second Legion on his side.

After the fifth army agreed, the marshal of the second army came out and repeated the concerns of the elders, and voted against it.

At this point, all those with a clear attitude have voted.

Three votes in favor and one against.

The third, fourth, and sixth armies are left to vote on the spot.

Marshal of the Third Army, that is, Lu Guangyu, whom Shi Xing knew very well before, was the first to speak.

It is in line with his strong personality, and also in line with his semi-civilian status, which has been mixed in the Senate to vote and make decisions all the year round.

Lu Guangyu asked, "Does Your Majesty want to hand over half of the military power to His Royal Highness Shi Xing?"

Seriously speaking, half of Chi Yao's military power is strictly divided into three large armies and half of the first army.

Get a negative answer, "Not now."

Chi Yao said seriously, "All the seven armies belong to me. Except for the first army, there are six remaining armies. Shixing should not be able to manage them within a year, and the main decisions will belong to me. Here."

Lu Guangyu: "So we can only guarantee that within a year, we will not be divided into the jurisdiction of His Royal Highness Shi Xing."

Chi Yao: "Not necessarily, I will plan according to his growth, and now he does not have this ability. If he grows fast, I think he will be able to do it within a year, and he will gradually decide the ownership of the major legions between us."

Lu Guangyu nodded, behind him was his adjutant and eldest son Lu Li.

It has to be said that Ren Yanyong sometimes likes Chi Yao's straightforward nature. At least now, Ren Yanyong can feel Lu Guangyu's reluctance.

Shi Xing stood beside Chi Yao and didn't say anything.

Lu Guangyu really worried too much, no matter what, he would not be in charge of the Third Army.

But these, there is no need to say.

Besides, whether Tan Shao told Lu Guangyu about the matter between him and Lu Lu was hard to say. Shi Xing would not find Lu Guangyu's attitude unusual, as he himself was a very assertive official.

Quiet, Lu Guangyu: "It's like this inside the Third Army. Most officers don't have a special preference. After hearing the vote and discussing it in a meeting, they all decide to take my opinion as the standard." Chi Yao nodded

.

Lu Guangyu: "I recognize the empowerment of the law, and from the other side, I also think that the elders' concerns are not unreasonable, so I didn't think about it before I came." Chi Yao: "Now, Marshal Lu, have you thought about it

? ?"

Lu Guangyu pondered for a moment, and asked a question, "Has His Royal Highness Shi Xing been ill in the past six months?"

This question was well asked, and Ren Yanyong was delighted when asked.

Chi Yao thought for a while, and said everything about Shi Xing's high and low fever, and also said that it was the ability improvement and the second awakening.

Lu Guangyu was surprised, "His Royal Highness Shi Xing has two kinds of talents?"

"At present, yes."

Lu Guangyu was silent again, tangled for a long time, and said with difficulty, "But in the process of improving abilities, there are still certain risks.

" The words are also correct. Although it seems that the last few times are controllable, Chi Yao was worried when he had a fever, so he nodded.

Lu Guangyu finally said, "In that case, from the perspective of the stability of the empire, the Third Army may have to vote against it." The

secretary affirmed, "That is your right, Marshal."

Lu Guangyu finally voted against it.

Two votes against, three votes in favor.

Only the Fourth Army and the Sixth Army remained.

To everyone's surprise, the Sixth Army abstained.

The Marshal of the Sixth Army said, "We think the same as the Fifth Army. We didn't need to think about these things in the first place. Our officers can't analyze the words of the Presbyterian Church..." This sentence almost missed the previous communication

. Inside the device, Ren Yanyong, who had been talking so hard for so long, was angry.

What does it mean to be unable to analyze, and I can't explain clearly when talking to pigs.

Is there any genetic segregation between civil servants and military officials? hateful! !

It's also brains, but you officers use them!

Marshal of the Sixth Army: "So after internal discussions, we decided to abstain. In fact, it is the same as the Fifth Army. If the number of votes for and against is equal, and it is according to the law, we should vote again. If we can decide, we will not participate. "

The Sixth Army will be stationed on the border for ten years, and it is the heaviest task. Recently, it has to prepare for the protection before the beast horde. The time is really tight. They abstained, and Chi Yao understands.

Nodding his head, it's over.

So far, two votes against, three votes in favor, one abstention and one pending.

The final result depends entirely on the opinions of the Fourth Army.

Fortunately, the Fourth Army was not without ideas. As a result of their internal meeting, they did not think about giving up the right to choose. Since they were uncertain, the Marshal made the decision on the spot. The essence was the same as that of the Third Army.

The Fourth Legion's speech was very interesting, looking at Shi Xingdao, "May I ask, does His Royal Highness Shi Xing want the empowerment of military power?" Receiving

Chi Yao's affirmative gaze, Shi Xing replied, "I want it."

Shi Xing's angle It is also very tricky, "I don't think there is any problem in fighting for my legitimate rights and interests."

This sentence implies two layers once, one is on the bright side, and the other is slightly satirizing the Presbyterian Church.

Justifiable rights and interests, but the elders objected, and the officers on the list heard two subtexts that could not be said. Think about it, it is also the same reason. The empire is good, as the party who died, it is naturally impossible to figure it out.

The Marshal of the Fourth Army nodded and agreed, "That's the reason."

Without waiting to win over, the Marshal of the Fourth Army took the initiative to show their cards and said, "Many people in the Fourth Army also hold this view and think that they should support you, but the analysis of the elders is not unreasonable. If..." If you have a deep look Glancing at Chi Yao, he said, "If Your Majesty loses his decision-making ability, your personal stability will determine the direction of the empire for a period of time." "

If you are capable, everyone will be happy with it."

"If you can't, the empire will I'm afraid it will be a very difficult time." "

And the hardest part of all this is that we don't know you well. Based on this, I think every legion will be under pressure to make such an important decision.

" All the marshals present nodded.

Everyone also bit the bullet and voted.

The Marshal of the Fourth Army said, "The death rate of the Blue Stars is high when they are mature. In fact, the Presbyterian Council has missed a possibility, that is, if everything goes well, it will be fine for the legion to be handed over to you. You have a problem in the middle." , The sudden letting go is also an impact on the command and dispatch of the legion."

Straightforward.

Frank to the point of sharpness.

But Shi Xing doesn't hate it, as long as he really wants to solve the problem, he thinks it's good.

Shi Xing also admitted, "What you said makes sense, I can't promise this."

Just as Chi Yao was about to say something, Shi Xing grabbed his forearm, shook his head slightly at him, and continued, "Your Majesty You are human, so naturally you can't, your concerns do exist."

Ren Yanyong felt amazing after listening to Shi Xing's candid speech.

If Shi Xing wasn't from Blue Star, his bearing would be...

Thinking of something, he shook his head again, Ren Yanyong thought, it's a pity that he is from Blue Star, and this cannot be changed.

The Marshal of the Fourth Army actually had something to say, but Shi Xing admitted it so quickly, and because he was young, it was not easy to speak out. Besides, it was like bullying a child if he was not good.

Coughing twice, the Marshal of the Fourth Army changed his angle, "I joined the army with Tan Baishan. I still know Tan Baishan's personality. I'm curious why everyone in the Seventh Army chose to support him. Your Highness, can you help me?" Shall I explain?"

Shi Xing lowered his eyes.

The hand slid down by two points, and for a moment, he felt something. Shi Xing didn't make any movements, but he felt support.

Chi Yao changed his movements and held his finger that was originally grabbing the opponent's forearm.

Feeling the dry palm rubbing his fingers, Shi Xing finally chose to answer from the heart.

"First of all, everyone in the column should have heard the news, and I don't think there is anything to hide."

Taking a deep breath, Shi Xing said, "I cured Tan Chi."

The fourth army marshal was stunned, "What do you mean, cured?" "

Literally, my level is relatively high."

Everyone was shocked, the Seventh Army had never publicized this news, and Chi Yao didn't bother to use it to win people's hearts, so everyone only knew that Shi Xing had been treated late, and as for the treatment results How, with Tan Chi's injury, no one thought it could be cured.

"Cure? Cure... Good? To what extent, the spiritual sea is completely..."

Chi Yao interjected, "It literally means that the spiritual sea is completely restored. After about half a year, the general will be fully recuperated after the talks, and everyone should be able to be on the front line. I saw his figure."

Chi Yao spoke with absolute fidelity.

This news caused quite a stir in everyone's hearts.

If Tanchi can be healed, so high rank, does that mean that they will...

oh no, their colleagues who have been injured before, sir, and subordinates can also...

Once this possibility is planted in their hearts, Knowing what it meant, everyone looked at Shi Xing differently.

The Marshal of the Fourth Army regarded Tan Chi as his son and nephew, so naturally his expression changed a lot.

Shi Xing didn't want to use this as the main point, he continued.

"Secondly, I think the most influential thing to discuss about the marshal's opinion is probably that I can help hunt high-level mutant star beasts." "

My second talent should be able to protect everyone."

"After returning to the imperial capital, in the first army I I have already discussed several tactics with Fei Chu, and now coincides with the alliance's visit, I don't have time to practice, I believe that after sending the alliance away, we should be able to start the actual combat test." The fourth army marshal immediately said, "What do you mean? Protection? How to protect

? Fei

Chu: "Shi Xing can create a special barrier. The mutated spiritual power of the star beast, that is, the energy that can penetrate our spiritual sea, can be stopped by this barrier." Everyone was shocked again

.

Ren Yanyong was numb.

I only thought that Time Star has the ability to heal, but if Time Star has the ability to fight at the same time, it can assist soldiers on the battlefield... These are two completely different things. It can protect the officers from being injured from the root cause. Impossible...

Some officers responded quickly, "Is there anything to prove it?"

Chi Yao: "There is a combat video, provided by the Seventh Army."

"You can play it with Fei Chu."

So next, Ren Yanyong spent the most tormenting minutes of his life.

Ren Yanyong's heart skipped a beat when he saw that Shi Xing possessed leadership talent.

When he saw that special barrier, Ren Yanyong's eyelids started to twitch wildly.

And then... when he saw the mutated spiritual power of the star beast being tightly bound in the time and star barrier, and when he saw the eyes of the surrounding officers change from shock and disbelief to fanaticism, only four words emerged in Ren Yanyong's mind - the situation is

over .

After the video was played, it was as Ren Yanyong expected.

The Marshal of the Fourth Army voted in agreement without hesitation, and said that in the future, the Fourth Army could be loyal to Time Star and become a governing army within the scope of Time Star's military power... As soon as the words came out, the

Fifth Army and the Sixth Army echoed one after another...

Except for the Marshal, the other officers of the Second Army also showed signs of change...

Ren Yanyong closed his eyes, not wanting to listen to the flattering declaration of rebellion.

Opening his eyes again, he looked at the voting screen in despair, and heard the clerk Wei Wan announce—

"Two votes against, four votes in favor, one abstention."

"After the unanimous vote of the seven legions—

" From now on, you will officially obtain half of the military power that you have been granted by the empire according to law."