14: A Misunderstanding Between Us

Nan Ge did not know what Shen Yanqing was doing. Her attention was focused on her phone. It showed that the transfer of $500 had been accepted by the recipient.

Reluctantly, she took another look.

Nan Ge could not help but gasp. The sharp pain in her heart urged her to quickly turn off her phone.

Out of sight, out of mind!

"Um, if there's nothing else, may I go back first?"

Nan Ge felt that it was too awkward to stay here, so she found an excuse to retreat.

"The exams are coming up soon. I have to go back and revise..."

Almost instantly, the phone in her hand unexpectedly vibrated and a special chime could be heard.

Nan Ge did not know what was going on, so she automatically checked her phone.

[Tip received. User Shen** has tipped $188. Please tap to accept the money.]

[Tip received. User Shen** has tipped $188...]

[Tip received. User Shen**...]

[...]

Nan Ge was at a loss.

Nan Ge's first reaction was to think that this was some kind of stupid scam advertisement that ran rampant online.

However, she widened her eyes and took a closer look. Hang on. This user ID seemed awfully familiar.

She could not help but look up at a certain someone beside her.

After looking at each other silently, Shen Yanqing did not feel awkward at all.

"Only a maximum red packet of $188 for each order is allowed, so I had to split them up."

Although Shen Yanqing had never used this kind of delivery software, he learned quickly and understood it immediately.

After downloading the software that day, he understood after a simple look.

He had been ordering takeout and exploring the tip function on his own for the past few days. It was also a function he had discovered himself.

"I studied it carefully the other day. The tips should go to the rider in full without giving a cut to the app."

He tried to give her assurance.

Nan Ge looked at him in surprise and asked curiously, "Is your company planning on doing food delivery as well?"

"Huh?"

"Why else would you study this?"

"..." Shen Yanqing was at a loss.

Ever since he met Nan Ge, it was not the first time he had gone speechless thanks to her questions.

Nan Ge did not think there was anything wrong with her question.

Shen Yanqing's net worth probably started in the billions. He could earn millions or tens of millions in minutes, yet he still had the time to study take-out software.

Apart from the fact that he found a business opportunity to get involved in the food delivery industry, Nan Ge could not think of any other reasonable explanation.

Come to think of it... Nan Ge lowered her head and counted the tips she had received. There were exactly ten tips.

$1880.

"Why did you tip me so much? Are you trying to pay me back the $500?"

"Do you have to give me so much? It's starting to look like I was after your money."