39: A Signal in Her Heart

The two of them spoke at the same time and were stunned.

Shen Yanqing was the first to react. “You go first.”

“…” Nan Ge was suddenly interrupted. The little balloon in her heart that had just swelled up instantly deflated.

She hugged the bag and dug her fingers into the corner of the bag nervously, not daring to make a sound.

Seeing this, Shen Yanqing was very considerate. “Then you can find me when you’re ready to talk.”

Nan Ge pursed her lips but did not answer.

Hence, Shen Yanqing stopped urging her and waited for her quietly.

On the roadside not far away, the front window of the Rolls-Royce rolled down slightly. Assistant Yuan narrowed his eyes and observed the two figures at the door.

“Gasp, why are President Shen and Miss Nan Ge standing there?”

“They don’t seem to be talking either…”

Gao also stuck his head out. “You can see that they didn’t speak from so far away?”

“Who asked you to read the shape of his mouth? Look at the atmosphere.”

Gao did not understand, but when he took a closer look, the two people opposite him did not seem to have any communication. Shen Yanqing lowered his eyes and looked at Nan Ge. Nan Ge had her head lowered and did not move, as if she was nailed to the ground.

“It’s a little awkward.”

“Right?” Assistant Yuan sighed and picked up his clothes from the side to put them on.

Seeing his attitude, Gao was puzzled. “Where are you going?”

“As the saying goes, prize money is reserved for those who are prepared.”

“The situation now requires me to take action!”

President Shen would definitely be very grateful to him!

He pushed the door open confidently. “I’ll show you what a ‘love mentor’ is.”

“Good call, Yuan.”

“Sigh. You’ll get used to it in a matter of time.”

“How else do you think I became an assistant?”

“…”

——

Time passed minute by minute. People came and went around, glancing over from time to time.

Nan Ge did not say anything for a long time. Shen Yanqing was rather patient. He just stood quietly at the side the whole time and silently blocked the wind.

This kept going on until she had already made a small hole in the paper bag. Nan Ge was distracted by the sound of children playing in the distance.

Gathering her courage again, she looked up. “I…”

“President Shen!”

Nan Ge was slightly stunned. She turned to look at Assistant Yuan, who was jogging toward them.

“Assistant Yuan,” she greeted him.

Assistant Yuan also subconsciously raised his hand. “Hi there.”

Shen Yanqing frowned slightly and looked in the direction of the voice.

With just a glance, the smile on Assistant Yuan’s face disappeared. He raised his hand to wipe his face and calmly combed his hair which was messed up by the wind.