20: She Has a Boyfriend

The siblings bantered for a while more. Nan Zhe raised his wrist to look at the time and asked, “Are the dorms locked already?”

“Uh huh.”

Nan Zhe sighed and picked up his coat from the side. “Let’s go.”

“Where are we going? Your apartment?” Nan Ge nodded reluctantly. “Alright. I suppose I can make do.”

Nan Zhe took his jacket and turned to face her. He smiled. “Who gave you this illusion? Why would I let you live in a house that costs $400,000 a square meter? Considering our relationship, you should just find lodging on your own.”

Nan Ge, “…” Damn him!

Of course, Nan Zhe was just saying it casually.

He had bought an apartment in Huai City a long time ago, and the number of times he had stayed there could be counted using just one hand.

There were many rooms, more than enough for Nan Ge.

They walked down the stairs together. Nan Zhe put on his jacket and tugged at her braids. “Go get your clothes. I’ll get the car.”

“Why don’t you drive my car? If we leave it here, I still have to come over tomorrow to get it. It’s too troublesome.”

She still had to revise and did not want to leave school for the next two days.

Nan Zhe could not be bothered to argue with her. He nodded and agreed. “Alright. Give me the car keys.”

Nan Ge felt inside her pocket and handed them to him.

——

When Shen Yanqing and the others came out of the private room, they happened to see Nan Ge running out with her down jacket.

“Hey, Yanqing. That girl is off work.”

“Perfect. You can send her home then.”

“Go, go! Seize the opportunity!”

As friends, Shen Yanqing had finally taken an interest in a girl, so they hoped that their relationship would work out well.

Shen Yanqing was replying to his assistant’s message with his head lowered. He looked up from the screen when he heard the voice.

Unfortunately, his gaze only managed to catch a corner of Nan Ge’s clothes.

The restaurant door opened and closed, blocking his view.

When he came back to his senses, he looked up and put away his phone. He nodded at them.

“Then I’ll leave first. Let’s meet another day.”

When Shen Yanqing chased after her, he immediately saw Nan Ge.

She was wearing a light pink coat today, and her hair was tied into two pigtails. As she bounced around, the pigtails behind her swayed gently.

At this moment, she was standing on the narrow curb with her back facing him. Her head was slightly lowered, probably looking at her phone.

Seeing this scene, the corners of his lips curled up unconsciously, and his gaze softened.

He took a step in her direction and opened his thin lips.

“Nan Ge!”

On the other side, a male voice called out Nan Ge’s name before he could.

Shen Yanqing paused and looked up at the Lamborghini in surprise.

The passenger window slowly rolled down, revealing the side profile of the man in the driver’s seat. The man waved at Nan Ge. “What are you looking at? Get in the car quickly. I’m freezing to death!”