Part One | 45

Chapter 45

The Conjuring

It had been a week since and everything seemed to go back to normal. Melissa and Greg were still the happy parents of five girls and one boy. It felt like the time when I had just moved in, where there were no problems. I just walked into the kitchen and made myself some cereal when Melissa called me from the island as she read the paper.

"Yeah?"

"It's been a while since you've seen Colleen."

I looked at my feet and slowly nodded. "Like, a month."

Greg set the paper down. "We've decided that you're no longer grounded from her."

My eyes widened as I lowered my spoon. "Really?" That's some good morning news.

"We know you left because you were frustrated and our punishment was slightly unfair. Not completely, but slightly."

I bit my lip. "So I can see her?"

"You really need to follow our rules, son," Greg told me. "We're serious when we say we don't want you engaging in any sexual activity with her."

"We're not," I promised. "We haven't... done that."

"Well we just want to take precautions," Greg admitted.

Melissa sighed. "We know that you'll probably go inside her room alone with the door closed at her house, but we want to trust you."

"You can," I replied quickly. "You definitely can." I waited for a moment. "Can I have her over? Y'know, ease your guys' worries?"

They smiled at me. Greg nudged his head towards the exit of the kitchen. "Go give her a call."

I grinned and walked out of the kitchen, but ran up the stairs when no one was looking. Words couldn't describe how excited I was to finally have Collie over, especially after not seeing her for so long.

The phone didn't even ring twice when she answered. "Brayden?"

"Are you busy?"

"No. Why? Is everything okay?"

"Everything's great! I'm coming to get you."

"What?"

"I'm not grounded anymore!" I exclaimed.

"You aren't?"

"No. I'm coming to get y-"

"It's nine in the morning."

"And?"

She giggled and spoke quieter. "Park around the block and come in through the back. I'll sneak out."

"Wait. Collie, I'm not sure-"

"My dad will be pissed, Brayden. Just sneak in."

"What if we get caught?"

"And what if we don't?"

I thought about it for a moment. "Will you at least tell them that you're going somewhere else rather than just leaving altogether? I don't want another issue with the police."

"Fine. I'll tell them I'm going to Tay's."

I sighed in relief. "I'll be there in a minute."

After fixing myself up a bit, I told Melissa and Greg I'd be going to pick Collie up. They smiled at me, Greg genuinely and Melissa hesitantly, as I scurried out the door to the garage. I was impatient the entire drive, but who could blame me? I was finally going to see my girlfriend after basically a month!