Chapter 17

The hall was being set up for the feast that would be held tonight. Lannister colours were placed everywhere. Red being the prominent colour. Joffrey had taken Amelia to the best dress maker he could find and told her that a dress was needed for tonight and that he would pay anything and with this the lady got to work right away.

Amelia stood in the corner of the room and looked at Joffrey. She had a look of curiosity in her eyes and Joffrey didn't know what to say to her. Amelia looked up at Joffrey and their gaze met for a few seconds as Amelia walked over to Joffrey and sat on his lap. She was used to being in Joffrey's chambers that was nothing new to her. The only thing that shocked Amelia was the he had several of Amelia's dresses in a wardrobe that had her name on the side. As she sat in Joffrey's lap she looked up at him and let as small chuckle lose. "Why are you chuckling dear sister? You haven't said a word to me since we have walked in. I suppose your wondering about the wardrobe full of your clothes and small things that are your dotted around the room" Joffrey stated as he looked at Amelia.

"Well yes dear brother I am but then again if I would have asked you would have given me a non satisfactory answer of 'I'm the king and I can do as I please' and that's just not worth wasting my breath on." Now it was Joffrey's turn to chuckle at Amelia as he placed a small kiss on her cheek. He slowly put his Arms around his sisters waist and held her tighter. "What's tonight about? The Starks wouldn't have come for no reason and you and I both know that." Joffrey looked at Amelia and let out a breath she knew to much but before he was able to give an answer a servant knocked on the door. "Your grace. Your mother" at hearing those words Amelia snuggled into her brothers embrace more and he placed his arms around her.

"Mother" Joffrey stated as he saw his mother walk in. She was hoping that it would just be her son in the room but wasn't shocked when she saw Amelia behind Joffrey. " I was looking for Amelia and when I found that she was not in her chambers I expected to find her here with you." Cersei said with a small smile playing on her lips. At the sound of her name Amelia head shot up and she looked at her mother. "Well you've found me. What did you need." Amelia asked quizzically. Cersei walked up to her daughter and placed her hands in a motion asking her to get up. As Amelia did she smiled and stated "I want to get you ready for the feast tonight I want you to look your best." Amelia nodded her head and with a quick goodbye to Joffrey left his chambers.

As Amelia and her mother got to Amelia's chambers Cersei sat her down on a small chair and called for a maid to get her some bath water using the rose sentenced oil in which they both loved. Once the maid quickly scurried away  Cersei walked over to Amelia's wardrobe trying to pick out a dress that would make Amelia the star of the night over everyone even the stark girl. "I'm letting you take away my beauty tonight. I want you to be the star of the show." Amelia laughed at her mother as she spun around the room, not very many people saw Cersei like this but when she was with her children she was a completely different person.

As the bath water came Amelia bathed herself int the water for a few moments before getting out and going behind her screen. Cersei had picked out a gorgeous and breathtaking dress. An all white dress with intricate gold detailing at the top.  Cersei than sat Amelia down and started to brush her hair and leaving it down letting her blonde and gorgeous curls cascade down her back lastly adding the most gorgeous tiara that she could find amongst her belongings. Cersei observed the crown for a while before "this tiara is gorgeous my little lion. Who gifted it to you?" Amelia looked up at her mother with a smile upon her face. "It was a gift from Joffrey mother" Cersei nodded her head with a smile also upon her face, she didn't want to bare the news to Amelia that would break her.

As her mother left Amelia was left alone with her thoughts as the time for the feast grew closer. She didn't understand why they were here and even if they had travelled down for no reason they were going home in a week and that makes it a pointless journey. Amelia was lost in her thoughts as their was a knock on the door "my lady the feast had already begun." Amelia quickly sat up and left her chambers heading towards the hall where the feast was.

As she entered the overwhelming smell of wines and spice filled her nostrils. But as Amelia inhaled the smell she hadn't realised that the whole room had become silent and was staring at her. Amelia suddenly felt self conscious as she looked down to her shoes. It wasn't long before Joffrey spoke up and beckoned Amelia to the high table. Their was tow which was unusual but Amelia then saw that the Starks were siting at the other one. As Amelia took her seat a drink was quickly poured for her and food was placed in front of her.

As the night warred on you could see the the little lioness was becoming tired and bored. The eldest stark noticed this as he walked over to her. "Princess Amelia, may I have this dance?" Amelia was taken aback by being asked to dance usually no-one could ever get this close to Amelia as Joffrey would quickly shoe them away. But where was Joffrey now?

Amelia quickly accepted Robs offer and stood up and took his hand. As Rob slowly took her to the floor and danced with the young princess. Every time he would spin her she would laugh and smile and he would smile to at the young child. To Amelia Rob was a giant his frame towered over her and when Rob took Amelia's hand it was so tiny compared to his.

Joffrey watched from the corner where he new he was out of the way for the time being. He scowled every time Amelia laughed. He shouldn't have this time with her. This was his time with her and Joffrey made a vow with himself that once Amelia knew the news condemning her life to a life of terror. Until she left he would not leave her side.

Once the song finished, the princess bowed to the Lord and he took her back to the table and walked back to his seat. Joffrey had now found his way back to his seat and waited until everything was settled down before he could tell everybody the news. Joffrey stood from his throne and looked down to Amelia with a broad smile. "We have good news, as king it is my duty to protect the realm and all those that are my people and that includes my family. In saying this we are bring House Stark and House Lannister/Baratheon in marriage."

Amelia looked at her brother fondly. The thought of him having a queen by his side was the only thought that went through her mind, she smiled at her brother and he took her hand in doing so she squeezed it tightly and her smile grew.

"So in bringing House Stark and House Lannister/Baratheon in marriage. We bring together Lord Rob Stark and our Princess Amelia Baratheon." For a second for Amelia everything stood still, she was shocked unhappy and confused. Amelia looked at all of the happy faces on the crowd and now all glasses were raised. Once Amelia realised that she had spaced out for a few seconds she let go of Joffreys hand almost instantly and looked over the her now betrothed. He looked happy a joyous smile on his face. Rob was happy even if he was acting so Amelia quickly forced a smile upon her face and looked at the crowd.

It all made sense now why Joffrey had been there why he asked her to dance and he was there to shoe him away. Joffrey had known and he only told her today. Why? Who else knew. Amelia's smile fell for a few second and her perfect princess look slipped for a second before she realised where she was and let her smile come back to her face and let her posture and all else the she had been taught go back into place. She would play the part of princess until no one could see her.

Joffrey looked down at his sister. "Let the celebrations truly begin" Joffrey proclaimed as Amelia's stomach dropped as the realisation hit. She was going to be married to a man that she hardly knew.