Chapter 34

Chapter 34

Amelia's eyes were wide and she looked like a lamb in headlights, the various guards that she walked around that once held respect for her she now feared from there comments and she had realised she had become someone that she told herself that she would never. Robbs mouth was moving however she wasn't aware of any of the words coming out of his mouth instead she just simply nodded her head and gave minimal responses.

As Robb held Amelia up he saw the vacant look in her eyes and decided that it would be best to take her to the calmness of the men around the camp. With their prying eyes and deceitful words robb knew that they affected Amelia in many a ways and he hoped that if he took her away from them all for a small amount of time and talked to her simply get her to say a few words at least. As Amelia saw Robbs tent come into view she started to tremble and he saw the fear pure and genuine fear in her eyes. Robb held Amelia tighter as the neared his tent; as they entered Amelia saw the many of thing that she had left around still in the same place.

As Robb sat down he went to sit Amelia in his lap but realised the current situation and offered her the seat next to him. "The war council have decided that you must know all the Lannister's battle advantages. There are rumours you planned most of them." Amelia laughed a little and a small spark appeared in her eyes "I'm a women, I've never even sat in on a war council before." Robb looked over at her as she kept her eyes on the floor. "Well there are rumours that you know all of them. My men will not be happy to know this." Robb chuckled and caught Amelia's eyes.

"Your Grace, my uncle I want...I mean would like to see him." Robbs happy features turned quickly and he got up from his chair and walked over to the edge. "I don't not see that appropriate." Amelia's eyes followed Robb as he walked away from her and she knew that there would have to bargaining for her to be able to see her Uncle and she was desperate just to have a familiar face. As Robb turned back to look at Amelia she slowly started to speak "I'll... I will tell you where I know the Lannister's might strike if you let me see my uncle. I promise you." Robb's brows rose and his facials hardened "So you do know where their defences tactics are" Amelia simply nodded her head and fidgeted with her hands "my mother had me sit in with a few meetings said beauty and brains could rule the world." Amelia laughed subtly "She was clearly only talking about herself, this wasn't my plan to spend my life..." Amelia quickly realised what she was going to say and refrained from finishing her sentence.

Robb walked closer towards Amelia as he did she stood up "you don't have to act anymore Your Grace I know that the love we share is artificial and I know that nothing will come of this. You can stop coming to see me in what your men call the cage, they have been sending your regards enough anyway when they come and." Robb cut Amelia off and looked confused with what came out of her mouth. He loved her, he wouldn't admit it to anyone but he did it was her family that he hated and he had to defeat them before he could truly love the princess in front of him. To Amelia it was the pause that confirmed her assumption. "I wish to go home if I am to be honest with you Your Grace. I wish to be surrounded by my family and know that I belong" Robb had thought that she had felt a part of his family that she had a place within the Stark family and the statement of wanting to home threw him. It was at this that Robb turned away and walked to the flap of his tent, "I will have some ladies come in and sort you out. If were being honest you look a mess." It was the comment that Robb walked out on as he went to the Kingslayers Cage. It was funny his men had called Amelia's cell the cage and he couldn't bring himself to say it but to the kingslayer someone that if he ever ended up marrying the princess would become his family, it felt fine to say that he was in a cage.

As Robb neared the cage he made sure that Greywind was there and as he told his men to go and settle themselves down he looked at the features of the man in front of him and now saw the similarities between father and daughter and it was the anger that cursed through him that it was this man's fault for the downfall of many of the things that had happened within his life. Jamie looked up at the now King "it's nice to finally be acquainted with the King in the North. My Nephew however doesn't seem like the one who will be fighting you directly." Robb snorted loudly at this remark "I am not here to talk about battle plans with you; I am here to talk about Amelia and her relationship with her brother." It was Jamie's turn to laugh "their relationship is close, where Joffrey was Amelia was = it was how they worked and I believe that he just wants her home and not here within your arms." Robb nodded and looked deep in thoughts and then looked down his nose at the kingslayer "I hope that you are aware that she has given up the family's war strategies to see you." Jamie simply smirked at the king "What strategies? The Lannister family's strategies change daily, didn't you know that we were playing a game?" Jamie laughed at the flabbergasted expression on the Kings face and Robb simply shook his head, it was as Robb was walking away that Jamie shouted back at him "If she has been harmed, more so then what I have already seen you and your men do. The Lannister name will be the last thing that you will remember."

Joffrey had heard of the uproar with the north after the beheading of the warden of the north, he had also heard of the mishandling of his beloved sister the one that he had been promised wouldn't be harmed at all. He had sent her message after message and the men that were sending them never returned and this defied the hatred for the Starks more. He wanted his head and whilst he was taunting his sister he had Sansa at his mercy.

Amelia had finally had a warm bath and her hair was braided in an up do with a dress that hugged her curves and hid the bruises and pain that she had gained from the torturous week. She had been informed by one of her ladies that her tent had been taken down and there was no intention of her having her bed back and the luxury's that she had before just the cage that she now called home. Robb had been standing silently at the opening of the tent watching how the ladies made his feral lady into something that she had been all along a beauty. Robb walked into the tent and Amelia caught his eyes within the mirror he smiled at her and she simply held his eyes for a moment longer before looking away and thanking her ladies for their help.

Robb watched the ladies as they curtsied before scurrying away and walked towards Amelia he smiled at her again and lifted her eyes so that he could look intently into them "You look better, washed and dressed up your beauty shines." Amelia tried to look away but robb held her face still "Thank you Your Grace." He nodded and took her hand "I thought we had agreed on Robb and I want you to know that this will become something. I assure you." Amelia laughed and simply nodded as she took Robbs lead and walked out of the tent as he started to walk out his change the direction and instead of walking towards the war council tent he was walking towards the outskirts of camp. Amelia undoubtedly followed and stood next to him. As the edge of the camp came into site Amelia could make out what looked like a makeshift prison and a man inside. As they got closer it was the revelation that it was her uncle and before Robb could grab her she spirited as fast as she could to the cage that held the one man that could save her. As she got closer she noticed the men guarding and the roughly grabbed the princess with fierce insults and pushed her away.

As Jamie noticed his daughter on the floor he shouted up to the guards only to receive a harsh punch the gut and a remark from the guard. It was as Robbs presence were made clear did the guards straighten up and bow to their King. "What did I just see?" the men stuttered and stumbled "we... we were told that no one could be her and that Amelia was a traitor that she should be locked up like the rest of them." Robb nodded his head and then looked over at Amelia who was slowly gathering herself up from the floor. Robb looked at the guards "You are dismissed for this evening and will spend the rest of this journey as Lord Karstarks squire." Robb smirked quickly "enjoy" and with that the two men scurried away. Robb rushed over to Amelia to check that she was okay but she simply tried to brush him off "I had not planned for you to run my lady. But I will give you five minutes with your uncle before we must leave." Amelia nodded and expected Robb to open the door that had been put in place but he didn't "This is close enough." Amelia sighed and reached for her uncle with her head against the bars she looked up at him and he saw the damage that had been done simply within her eyes. And with once sentence his world and Robbs came crashing down "please take me home."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------