Dragon Raid

Iris's POV

It has been 6 years since Hiccup and I first met at the forge. We had become the best of friends and the only friends we had were each other.

During the past six years we learned a lot about each other. Including that we were both born on the same day! February 29th, on a leap year. It was quite the coincidence, although it only brought us even closer.

Right now I was running in-between fighting vikings because a dragon raid was going on.

Soon I entered the forge and quickly put on an apron before taking weapons from vikings outside to sharpen.

As I was collecting weapons I saw Gobber come hobbleing over with a few more weapons before going inside to start.

Soon I had a good amount of weapons so I went inside and started sharpening. After about 10 minutes, Hiccup came rushing in trying to catch his breathe.

"Ah, there you are! We were starting to think you had been carried off." I chuckled as Gobber said that. I knew what was coming next so I just concentrated on sharpening weapons.

After a bit I was broken out of my concentration when I heard a Night Fury's roar. Gobber called out to me. "Iris, keep an eye on Hiccup, they need me out there." I nodded at him as he started towards the door.

Just as he was about to leave he turned around to look straight at Hiccup. "You. Stay. Put. Here. Ugh, you know what I mean!" He said before rushing into battle.

As soon as he was out of sight, Hiccup rushed back to his invention that I helped with. "And what do you think you are doing?" I asked as I stopped sharpening weapons. "This is my chance to prove I'm a Viking! I have to do this." He answered before starting to roll it outside.

"Gobber said to stay here, and you know what happened last time." I said, stopping him from going anywhere. "I have to do this!" He yelled, trying to maneuver around me.

I sighed as he finally got around me, knowing I couldn't change his mind.

Before he left, I grabbed onto his shirt, and being a bit stronger, I was able to pull him back a bit. "Then I am coming with you. If I can't stop you I can only protect you. Also Gobber said to keep an eye on you, and that is just what I am going to do." I said.

Hiccup smiled as I let him go. He ran out, pushing the catapult invention in front of him. I caught up to him just as Vikings all around yelled at us.

In less to a minute, we came to a dark, silent, cliff top right outside to village. Hiccup set everything up while I watched all around us looking for any danger. I didn't want to hurt any dragons, but at least it was Hiccup, not me.

I continued watching the village until I heard Hiccup yell behind me. "Yes I hit it! I hit it! Did anybody see that!?"

I was about to answer when I saw a Monstrous Nightmare creeping up on him. "Hiccup! Watch out!" I yelled catching his attention. He turned around just in time to see the dragon about to shoot fire.

Hiccup ran out of the way just in time, as his invention was blown to pieces. As soon as he past me, I was following him. He ran screaming behind a pole, while I tried distracting the Nightmare.

Soon enough I failed and the dragon snuck around the pole Hiccup was hiding behind, just as Hiccup was looking the other way.

Stoick quickly got into action, and just as the dragon was about to shoot, Stoick hit it with a large hammer.
There was a loud bang that made me cringe.

I slowly crept towards the forge as a crowd started to gather. Before I got too close Gobber stopped me.

I had to turn and watch the whole thing until Gobber was chosen to take Hiccup home. I followed because I knew that Hiccup would just go to the back door.

I ran ahead as they were being distracted by the other teenagers and went behind Hiccup's house.

After a few minutes I heard clanging form inside and knew Hiccup was coming. A few seconds later the door opened, and Hiccup stepped out.

I stood there with my arms crossed, waiting for him to look up. As soon as he did, he nearly fell down, startled by my appearance.

"I know what you are going to do and I am coming with you." I said with a slightly stern frown on my face. Hiccup nodded and we went on our way.