Sparks

Iris's Pov

A few weeks later, dragon training was almost over (and Bolt was healing pretty well thanks to Gothi's teachings). Only one more lesson was left.

It was the test to see who would be killing their first dragon, a Monstrous Nightmare. Astrid, Hiccup, and I were in the lead at the moment, although it is hard to tell who would win.

Today was a Gronkle. Many little wooden stands were made that were just tall enough to sit behind without being seen.

At the moment, Hiccup and Astrid were behind one while I was up ahead a bit.

Soon enough Astrid came charging, but before she got anywhere near the Gronkle, Hiccup seemed to suddenly appear and 'defeat' the dragon.

Gobber came up and congratulated Hiccup when he got chosen to kill the Nightmare.

Astrid was cursing in the back while Hiccup was picked up by Gobber's hook and shown around like a trophy. "We are sooooo leaving." He said to himself, before finally getting away.

I watched as he ran towards his house. I quickly chased after him and when I got there, I saw him packing a big basket.

He noticed me at the door, watching him pack, and stopped. Looking slightly nervous that I would stop him. But instead I dropped down on my knees and put the last things in the basket.

He pulled it onto his shoulders, refusing any help, before setting out the door. He looked back at me from the path as I leaned on the door frame. I just nodded my head and he left.

I quickly grabbed a few things before setting out to follow him.

On the way I heard footsteps and quickly ducked behind a tree. I watched as Astrid passed by. On the path to the cove.

I quickly got up from my hiding spot after she left before quickly running to the cove. When I got there Astrid was sitting up on a rock before Hiccup saw her and freaked out.

They argued a bit before I noticed Toothless coming out of the bushes. I watched as Hiccup defended Toothless before Astrid ran away.

Probably to tell Stoick. 'Uh oh' I thought before I saw Hiccup and Toothless fly off to catch her.

I figured that he had it all in control so I made my way to Bolt's cave.

As soon as I entered I noticed something was different. I looked around before realizing what it was. Bolt was not there! "Bolt? Where are you?!" I called.

I heard shuffling above and looked up to see a specific Skrill's face right in front of me. I fell down in shock before smiling up at the dragon who was making his way down the wall with a plant in his mouth.

"Bolt! Don't do that! You almost gave me a heart attack!" I said. Bolt huffed and then made what I thought to be a dragon laugh. "Oh, haha very funny. Now lets see your injuries." I said as I walked over to the dragon.

I unwrapped the bandages to see what I didn't expect. Nothing! "How did you do that? Your injuries were still there yesterday and there should be scars!" I asked in awe.

Bolt took a step back and picked up the plant he was holding in his mouth earlier. It took me a few moments, but then I figured it out.

"Did that plant help you heal faster?" I asked. Bolt nodded. "Wow that's so cool! I never knew plants could do that! Can I see it?" Bolt huffed. "Yeah yeah, please?"

He dropped the plant in front of me and I picked it up. 'It smells familiar.' I thought studying it. "You ok if I take this back to the Village to find out what it is?" I asked.

Bolt groaned before nodding. I put it in my bag carefully before turning back to him.

"So what do you want to do now that you're all better?" I asked.

Bolt grabbed me by the back of my shirt and put me on a spineless part of his back just in front of his shoulders. "Uh, what are you doing?" I asked as he walked outside.

Bolt spread his wings and flew up. I almost screamed, but because of Toothless, I knew a bit about flying.

I looked around for something to hold on to, and held onto his crown. Bolt had placed me just in the right place where is was comfortable for both of us and easy for me to stay on.

"Ok, where are we going to go?" I asked. Bolt looked back at me in surprise to see me ready to fly already.

He looked back to the front and speed up. The wind blew in my face as I sat up and looked above his crown.

Soon I noticed we were heading towards a storm. "Um, are you sure about this?" I asked, yelling over the wind. Bolt nodded.

As we entered the storm I saw lightning flash and ducked down behind his crown for a little protection.

Bolt abruptly turned towards the center of the storm. Which was where lots of lightning was. Now I was starting to get scared.

'Is Bolt trying to kill me?' I thought as we arrived at the center. I was holding on tightly and trying to stay under the safety of his crown as Bolt flew into it.

In a few minutes, we were hit by lightning. I screamed while Bolt seemed unharmed.

Suddenly he started creating sparks. In a few seconds, the sparks had made their way to me.

When a few touched my body, I felt a tingling sensation go through me. I watched my hands as they sparked with electricity. 'What is happening? Shouldn't I be dead?' I thought as the sparks started going out.

"What was that Bolt? What did you do?" I asked as we exited the storm. He responded by just huffing.

He lighted his crown with sparks, before touching me with it. The strange thing was that I didn't feel anything. I stared at Bolt in shock. "You made me resistant to lightning?" I asked as we flew around. He just nodded.

"Ok, shall we practice flying?" I asked. Bolt responded by zooming up in the air. 'I really need to make a mask.' I thought as the wind blew my hair back again.

I held on as Bolt did a few tricks. "Woo hoo!" I yelled into the air as we leveled out above the clouds a few hours later.