The Red Death

Iris's Pov

Suddenly I heard a noise and Bolt seemed to react slightly to it. "What is it Bolt? What is going on?" I asked as we dived down towards a cloud of fog near a volcano island.

All I got was a growl back. We came to a clearing in the fog where I saw a whole bunch of dragons carrying animals of all shapes and sizes.

I gasped and ducked down. I looked around until I spotted something familiar. The tail Hiccup and I had made for Toothless.

I watched it carefully until I could see the whole dragon. I saw Hiccup and Astrid!

"Hey Bolt, can you get closer to that Night Fury?" I whispered. Bolt didn't answer but started gliding closer.

After a few moments we had reached their side, but now we had just entered the Volcano.

I guided Bolt to an edge and watched as Toothless landed on another. Toothless looked over at us and I nodded.

Earlier I had purposefully gotten his attention but not the others to tell him I was there.

We all watched as dragons dropped their kill into the giant hole in the middle.

The last one to come in was a Gronkle. He didn't seem to have anything but then he regurgitated a fish he must of eaten not long ago.

He tried flying off but before he could get anywhere a huge dragon came out of the hole and ate him.

I looked at the dragon closely before realizing I read something about large dragons like these. I think it was called a Red Death?

Before I had anymore time to think about it, I noticed that it seemed to be sniffing the air. I watched as it launched at Toothless, Hiccup, and Astrid.

In the next few moments all the dragons were flying out the top. Toothless just got away as a poor Zippleback got eaten.

I suddenly realized the Red Death had not tried to eat Bolt and I as we flew out. We quickly flew towards Bolt's cave in silence.

Once we landed I got off and entered the cave with Bolt. "Why did the Red Death not go after me?" I asked him.

He sparked himself up and touched my shoulder with his nose. I realized that the whole 'spark resistance' was even more than I thought.

"You mean that the whole 'spark thing' changed me in ways?" I asked. I got a nod in return. "Ok, I'll leave it at that. What should we do?" I asked.

Bolt lay down and closed his eyes. "Rest? Ok." I said before Sitting down and leaning back on Bolt's wing.

Time skip

I woke up a few hours to see it was dark outside. "Hey Bolt, I think I should go home. It's already late." I said before getting up.

"See you tomorrow!" I said before running out into the forest. I arrived home about midnight and quickly got to bed. Tomorrow was going to be a big day.