It's Over

Iris's Pov

I sat up and coughed out the water in my lungs. As I got used to the bright light of day I noticed there was two figures crouching next to me.

One was a soaking wet Valka and the other was Bolt. "You okay?" Valka asks. I nodded. "Just a bit cold, and this headache won't leave me for long." I answered. She nodded before standing me up.

"Let's get you into some dry clothes." We grabbed the extra clothes I always carry in my satchel before carefully making our way behind the village as to not be seen.

Not much time must of past since I was in the water and the war was still raging. Dragons against dragons and Vikings against Vikings.

I could hear Drago yelling at his Alpha and directing him to do things. Valka lead me to a spot before leaving me to get dressed. Bolt stood guard and waited until I was done.

When I was done I realized the wound on my head had started bleeding a bit again. I didn't have any bandages but I did have something else that could help.

I brought the small container of ointment out and opened it to reveal the substance I have used but little before.

I had found that dragon cave berries don't just work on dragons. I asked Bolt to melt some of the ice near us and I rewashed my hair before spreading the ointment carefully down the cut on my head.

It wasn't the  worst but I knew it would definitely leave a scar. It hurt a bit but I tied my hair up to keep it out of the way and keep the ointment in.

I then mounted Bolt and we headed out to find Valka and see what was going on.

Valka was on the ground like nearly everyone else because they didn't have their dragons but Hiccup was up in the air doing something.

I couldn't quite tell what he was doing until he dropped off of Toothless way up in the air and glided with his flight suit towards Drago.

The impact brought both to the ground although Hiccups purpose was clear.

Drago was now separated from the Alpha so he couldn't control him easily. Hiccup tried to convince Drago again that dragons were good but Drago didn't budge.

It was then that I realized the Alpha rising up to defend his master.

Before anyone could stop me I started running.

Drago glances at the Alpha and smirked before stepping back and saying something that I couldn't quite hear.

The next few seconds were a blur as I found myself incased in ice with Toothless and Hiccup. 'It's a good thing I'm not claustrophobic.' I thought as I squeezed towards a more open area near Toothless' head.

I couldn't see Hiccup but I figured he was being held safely under Toothless' wing.

Toothless shook his head before looking at me with wide eyes. I gave him a small reassuring smile and let before trying to figure out how to get out of the ice. "What do we do?" I asked toothless.

He started firing up a plasma blast before I stopping him. "Wait, not yet, we don't want to burn up all the oxygen in here, it's already getting stuffy. Toothless nodded and stopped.

I tried to figure out another way when I felt his head on my hand. "What are you trying to say." I asked him. He gestured to my hand before trying to make a sound similar to something.

The noise seemed familiar and it all clicked when I heard Valka outside and a roar that sounded similar to what Toothless was trying to make.

"What about Bolt?" I asked. He gestured to my hand again. That's when I remembered the spark trick Bolt had taught me all those years ago that helped me befriend Zip and Zap.

"The Sparks? But how do you know about them?" I asked. Toothless just rolled his eyes as if it was obvious. "You saw me befriend Zip and Zap didn't you?" I asked.

Toothless nodded sharply as if to cut the conversation because we were running out of time. "What do you want me to do?" I asked.

Toothless gestured to my hands before I heard something coming from his wing. A groan that could only be Hiccup's.

Toothless opened his wing a bit but didn't let him out. He turned back to me with a concentrated look.

I watched as he started to glow. I widened my eyes as he charged up a plasma shot only an Alpha could produce. Toothless looked at my hands and I realized they were sparking up even though I didn't do anything.

I widened my eyes when I found the sparks growing into a ball of light as I concentrated on it.

I realized that Toothless wanted me to throw the ball of light at the same time he shot his plasma so that the two would conjoin and make such an explosion the ice around us would break. Toothless nodded his head and I counted down.

"3... 2... 1... Now!" I yell. We let go of our blasts and are almost hit back by the force.

I could feel small sparks of electricity go through me although it didn't cause any pain. It was then when I realized why Toothless needed my sparks.

Not only was it to make the shot more powerful, but it was also to keep me immune from the effects afterwards.

It was also why Hiccup stayed under Toothless's wing, he wasn't immune.

The ice blew away from us and showed us to the world. Toothless roared loudly as Hiccup peered out from under the wing. He stepped out and smiled at Toothless.

The two shared a reunion much like the one I shared with Bolt. Toothless then looked to me and I nodded.

He bounded towards a spike of ice and started shooting his powerful plasma blasts at the Alpha.

The Alpha lost control over the dragons and they came to our side. Hiccup mounted Toothless as I mounted Bolt and we all flew up into the air.

We all started firing when Toothless roared at me. I nodded and stood up on Bolts back. "3... 2... 1... Now!" I yelled yet again and we let go of our blasts, this time at one of the Alpha's tusks.

The impact of the explosion broke the Alpha's tusk and it fell to the ground below as Vikings scurried away.

The Alpha surrendered and dived into the ocean with Drago still on him.

Everyone cheered and all the dragons landed which resulted in many reunions.

I sat on Bolt looking out to where the Alpha had just disappeared and could see the faint silhouette of it as it swam away. 'I hope we don't see them ever again.' I thought before guiding Bolt down.

I was greeted by Valka with a hug as Bolt flew back up into the air. I was confused as he roared loudly into the sky until I noticed the two flying spots on the horizon coming towards us minutes later.

As I greeted Storm and Zip and Zap after they landed, the village was celebrating their victory and giving Hiccup the title of Chief.

Since it was now starting to get dark, everyone headed to their homes. I stood in opening of the Village looking around myself and bringing back memories when I heard footsteps coming towards me.

I turned to see Hiccup. "Do you have a place to stay?" He asked. I shrugged as I wasn't sure. "You can stay in the spare bedroom in my house if you want." He said.

"Isn't Valka staying there?" I asked. "No, she's staying in Stoicks room." He answered although choking a bit on his fathers name.

I looked towards Bolt but I saw he had his focus on other things. I realized he was looking in the direction of his old cave in the forest.

"Actually I think I have a place to stay." I said. "Where?" Hiccup asked. I looked in the direction of the forest. "A cave in the woods that I found Bolt in years ago." I answered.

"You sure?" He asked as I pet Bolt. "Yup." I answered before mounting Bolt.

"Goodnight." I said before we blasted into the air towards our cave.