Two more rooms

Iris's Pov

I awoke the next morning to something dripping on my face. I opened my eyes and instantly closed them when a drops of water dropped into them. I sat up and opened my eyes again.

Bolt, Zip and Zap, and Storm were all looking at me with 'I didn't do it' looks. I narrowed my eyes as I felt another few drips of water go down my neck.

I looked up and saw that some ice had been melted. "Seriously you guys? You just had to huh?" I asked with a humored voice.

All of them went into playful mode, jumping around and chasing each other.

I was about to head out after getting ready when the three came my way and knocked me over. "Oh you guys are sooo going to get it." I said, getting up with a smile.

I grabbed three buckets of water that I had collected and threw one on each of the dragons. The three stopped and looked at me in surprise.

They shook the water off themselves and some splashed on me. "Hey!" I said, and so the water fight started.

After a good hour of getting each other wet, the dragons eventually won because it was three to one and I was getting a bit cold. I changed and decided to do something productive for the day.

Valka had gone out to rescue some more dragons so the Sanctuary was quite quiet.

I decided it was time to make some more rooms and get everything from my boat. Bolt and Storm worked on making two more ice rooms while Zip and Zap and I started bringing things in.

I was surprised at the pile that we had made by the time everything was off the boat. We didn't take the stuff up to the cave yet because it was very wet with all the melting of ice.

I decided to carve some stuff out of ice while waiting. I had a semi-good model of a terrible terror by the time the rooms were done and the excess water had either frozen up or fallen down below.

I almost slipped on the slick ice floor while carrying some stuff in that Bolt and Zip and Zap had brought up. I decided I would get some wood planks to put down so it wouldn't be so slippery.

One of the new rooms would be my blacksmithing, carving, crafting, and study room (workshop). The other one would be used as a storage room for food and excess items.

By the time I had finally gotten everything put away, Valka was back with a few new dragons. She told me one had been blinded by a tree snare and another lost part of its wing to a trap. There were a few others but they only had a few scratches.

I frowned at the thought of what Drago was doing to the poor dragons he got ahold of. I helped Valka patch them up before deciding to check on Storm's wing as well. It seemed alright with the bones mending together correctly but it definitely wasn't strong enough to fly with yet. I could take off the splint now but I told him to keep it close to his body for protection.

After I was done I decided to go find some logs and sticks to make some simple furniture. There wasn't that many in the Sanctuary so I decided to go to a nearby island.

Bolt and Storm stayed back as I took Zip and Zap with me. "Let's try down there." I said to Zip and Zap, pointing down at a beach full of driftwood. We landed and started looking for good pieces.

Soon enough I had filled the bags I had put on Zip and Zap's back and we headed back. We unloaded it all in my workshop before setting to work making a desk, a chair, and a bed.

It was dark by the time I had finished them and I put them in their designated places. I put some blankets on my new bed and all my journals on the desk.

The dragons had settled down and I decided I should too. I grabbed the books Gothi had given me to study up a bit.

Turns out that some dragons were allergic to specific plants while other plants were especially helpful to dragons.

Soon enough I started to grow tired so I put away the books and went to sleep.

An Old Forgotten Friend (Httyd 1+2)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें